Topic Sponsor
Custom Fabrication Department This is the section to discuss any and all custom work that you've done or had made that may not be available on the retail market.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Ecoboost running no y pipe???

Search this Thread

Old 07-06-2016, 06:15 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Ecoboost running no y pipe???

Has anyone seen this video? is it safe to just run with nothing coming after the cats or maybe with no y pipe at all? im assuming theres no exhaust system under there and im wondering what damage that could cause to the vehicle.

Asking because id like to do this to my ecoboost and wanted to know what all i would need to do not clear on if i just unhook the y pipe or what

Last edited by Brandon Izquierdo; 07-06-2016 at 07:01 PM.
Old 07-06-2016, 06:45 PM
PhiPhi K A

Received 14 Likes on 12 Posts

Why would you think this could cause damage? It can't. And...it doesn't cause a power drain either. I don't care what anyone says about "back pressure." Kinda cool, but would get annoying to me after a days commute.
Old 07-06-2016, 06:58 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Noleman
Why would you think this could cause damage? It can't. And...it doesn't cause a power drain either. I don't care what anyone says about "back pressure." Kinda cool, but would get annoying to me after a days commute.
I'm not saying it would cause damage i was asking as my knowledge of exhaust is slim to none, I'm just wondering if there are any repercussions from flat out removing the y pipe and having nothing there.
Old 07-06-2016, 09:11 PM
PhiPhi K A

Received 14 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally Posted by Brandon Izquierdo
I'm not saying it would cause damage i was asking as my knowledge of exhaust is slim to none, I'm just wondering if there are any repercussions from flat out removing the y pipe and having nothing there.
I don't think so. Maybe a bit of scavenging in the collector. Minor repercussions if any at all imo.

Quick Reply: Ecoboost running no y pipe???