Topic Sponsor
Custom Fabrication Department This is the section to discuss any and all custom work that you've done or had made that may not be available on the retail market.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Custom under the seat sub box for 2010+ SuperCrew.

Search this Thread

Old 10-08-2014, 04:04 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Custom under the seat sub box for 2010+ SuperCrew.

I wasn't sure if I should post here or the audio forum but I couldn't post there so that narrowed it down.

I built this for my dad's truck. I made this a year ago and have been meaning to post but always put it off. He wanted a sub but all the premade boxes I found where mostly sealed and for shallow mount subs. I don't really like the narrow range of shallow mount subs so I made a box that would fit a full size sub. The seat is too low to fit a full size 12" but I managed to fit a full size 10" sub. I went with the SWR-10D4 since it was the shallowest full depth sub (5.875") and it can handle 1000 wrms. The final box was a .96 ft^3 the final tune came to 35.2hz. I made the box be a big as possible while not taking up leg room or keeping the seat from sitting all the way flat. As you can tell from the pictures it does indent in the seat from the bottom but this doesn't keep it from sitting all the way down. I also had to lower the box a bit so it could clear the part between the seat splits as these are a bit lower than the rest of the seat. As you can likely tell from the build this is my first box.

First a picture of the finished product.

He has a pair of 6x9s in boxes so I shortened to box to fit. This might mess up the port tunning a bit since one of them is partially blocking it but there is no port noise. The block you see missing to the right is where the sub sits. I left enough space for x-max (full excursion) and a little extra just in case.

Autocad mockup

Side view of partially built box

I still have the autocad file if you wish to tweak the build or simply get measurements that I forgot to mark. I have a ton more pictures that I can't really figure out how to resize properly here. I uploaded the whole album with description to imgur. Any questions feel free to ask. http://imgur.com/a/sCXD5
The following users liked this post:
OneBlue150 (11-15-2014)

Quick Reply: Custom under the seat sub box for 2010+ SuperCrew.