Topic Sponsor
Custom Fabrication Department This is the section to discuss any and all custom work that you've done or had made that may not be available on the retail market.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

2012 Raptor Console in a 2005 XLT

Old 05-31-2015, 11:50 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2012 Raptor Console in a 2005 XLT

Hey guys and gals,
Within the next two weeks I will be completing my project to retrofit a 2012 Raptor center flow-through console in my 2005 F150 XLT. Once completed I will be posting pictures of my completed work and may be willing to fabricate and sell the fiberglass closure piece that will effectively mate the console to the dash. The closure panel should look dang near stock and will allow for full conversion to floor shift. Price would be in the $75-$150 range depending on level of paint customization desired. PM me if interested and/or follow my thread for updates! If there is enough interest I will ask mods to move to marketplace.
Old 06-05-2015, 08:35 PM

Hole cut in floor to accommodate the new shift cable. bottom of the hole is exactly 7in from the HVAC system outlet under the dash

One of the fiberglass Flow/Dash adapter pieces I've fabricated.

Both of the fiberglass Flow/Dash connect pieces I fabricated. The finished product will button up the console and dash in the center just below the cigarette outlet which will later be converted to a push button start.
Old 06-06-2015, 02:06 PM

This is the Raptor floor-shift console I purchased on Ebay. I'm going for what I view to be a more modern appearance in my truck so I have removed and painted the light silver pieces Carbon Mist.

This is the shifter (originally woodgrain. Now PTM Carbon Mist Gray like the trim/back on the console.

This is the Console and shifter put together and waiting on me to finish the adapter piece. I may remove and coat them again with another layer of Carbon Mist and possible the few layers of clear lacquer for protection.

Adapter is coming along nicely. It has been a pain in the butt to figure out exactly how to lay up each piece, but I will allow myself a little slack due to my exactly 16 days experience working with fiberglass.
Old 06-06-2015, 03:55 PM

Did you have the bench seat / jump seat up front? If so how did you manage to fit a console in? My 05 XLT has the bench, so I assumed yours did at one point too, tia.
Old 06-06-2015, 04:23 PM

I originally had an XLT console which I sold after procuring the Raptor console. The Raptor console fits perfectly in the gap left from removing the XLT console. Bonus fun fact: I sold it on Ebay for $234 and purchased my Raptor console for $250 so that was almost an even trade!
Old 06-06-2015, 05:45 PM

Oh alright. I was hoping you had the jump seat so I could see how to do it my self! Anyways good luck on your build!
Old 06-06-2015, 07:41 PM

The jump seat isn't too hard to remove from what I've seen. I did a lot of research before I undertook this project and a member installing the 04-08 console posted a full write up on how to remove it. Thanks!
Old 06-09-2015, 06:34 PM

Hey followers,
The dash/console adapter should be done tomorrow! I'd completely finished paint and as it was drying it fell to the ground and shattered part of top! I had to re-do part of the finish and repaint the entire piece...not too happy but it was my own fault.
Old 06-09-2015, 10:18 PM

Originally Posted by Colbs
Oh alright. I was hoping you had the jump seat so I could see how to do it my self! Anyways good luck on your build!
The jumpseat is a breeze to remove. You simply put the console in the up position and pull up on the "seat" cushion. Once it's off, you'll expose 4 hex bolts.
Old 06-13-2015, 08:39 AM

Originally Posted by TJ Davis
Hey guys and gals,
Within the next two weeks I will be completing my project to retrofit a 2012 Raptor center flow-through console in my 2005 F150 XLT. Once completed I will be posting pictures of my completed work and may be willing to fabricate and sell the fiberglass closure piece that will effectively mate the console to the dash. The closure panel should look dang near stock and will allow for full conversion to floor shift. Price would be in the $75-$150 range depending on level of paint customization desired. PM me if interested and/or follow my thread for updates! If there is enough interest I will ask mods to move to marketplace.
Hey I would like to know if you think I could do this to my truck. I have an 07 market. It already has a center console shift with the rear vents. Would this be plug and play? Minus hooking up the new 110v outlet in the back? Or really what should I know. I'm extremely interested. I would buy the fiberglass molds you made as well if you think it would work

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: 2012 Raptor Console in a 2005 XLT