Topic Sponsor
Custom Fabrication Department This is the section to discuss any and all custom work that you've done or had made that may not be available on the retail market.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

2010 Change Holder Modification

Search this Thread

Old 07-12-2015, 01:18 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default 2010 Change Holder Modification

I installed a Pioneer AVH-5700BAH in my 2010 Ford F150 XL Supercrew.

All of the extra connections for it were run through my glove compartment but it became very messy. I wanted to find some way to reorganize the connections so I looking at ways to run my accessories. I came across a few blogs and pictures that talked/showed the change keeper on the 2010 F150 and how useless it is.

I started doing some thinking about what could be put there. Some of the posts that I had seen showed people dremel out the inside of the opening to receive a non-working 4x4 switch that lights up, small clock, voltage reader, or they relocated their head lights so they could use special digital readout in the headlight OEM location. All in all I thought it was neat but still not practical. And besides, if I messed up, that was a large piece of the dash to replace.

My personal opinion, I hadn't seen anyone actually put it to good use except for those that added an additional 12v plug but then again I guess its all about what you want.

I remembered a video I saw on fiberglassing a pillar pod while I was watching a guy repair a saxophone mouthpiece with JB Weld. Then it dawned on me. Why not install a USB and 3.5mm extension using the Change Holder and JB Weld? Check out the install I put together in the PDF file.
Attached Files
Old 07-17-2015, 04:37 PM

Received 254 Likes on 210 Posts

Thats pretty slick, Could do the same option and remove the 12v power point and add that there too for those of you with 4x4.

I've got sync... already got those.

Nice work.
Old 07-19-2015, 06:26 AM
Get off my lawn

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

well done, attention for details is awesome here.
Old 07-21-2015, 05:50 PM

Received 180 Likes on 116 Posts

That's nice and your pdf is well done too! I'm one of those that did the four-wheel-drive mod but good job!

Quick Reply: 2010 Change Holder Modification