Topic Sponsor
2015 - 2020 Ford F150 General discussion on the 13th generation Ford F150 truck.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:
View Poll Results: Would you buy your 2015 again?
Absolutely
64.00%
No
10.00%
Yes - but different trim/options
14.00%
Yes - but I'd have waited a couple years for bugs to be worked out.
12.00%
Voters: 150. You may not vote on this poll

Would you buy again?

Old 08-07-2015, 09:40 AM

Received 274 Likes on 191 Posts

Arrow Would you buy again?

We're roughly 10 months or so into 2015s being delivered to customers at this point, and it still seems like a significant number of the posts I see are some kind of issue or another (cooled seats, doors, moonroof, etc). Sometimes that makes it hard to judge if people are actually happy overall with their 2015, so I thought I'd make a poll to (a) see what people's satisfaction levels are so far, (b) help prospectie buyers, and (c) maybe even give Ford some heads up on how people feel about their new truck. My apologies if this has already been started, but I haven't seen it.

So - all things considered, would you purchase your 2015 again? If so, would you get the same trim level and/or options? Feel free to post why/why not as well. Hopefully we get some good answers.
Old 08-07-2015, 09:45 AM

My answer - yes, but I think I gave Ford too much credit to be able to roll the aluminum body/tech/new refinements out smoothly altogether. If I could do it over again, I'd probably get a 2017 or so after the bugs are worked out. I love the truck, but little things are causing me to spend an accumulation of days at the dealership, and it's like pulling teeth to get Ford Corporate to agree to repair anything, even when the dealer and I both agree there's a problem. Hell, so far we can't even get Ford to acknowledge the cooled seat issue.

This will probably be my last 1st year new vehicle.
Old 08-07-2015, 09:57 AM

Received 51 Likes on 30 Posts
Thumbs down Cheap FORD quality!

I would never ever buy an "American" FORD. 1st a complete crooked 2015 Mustang and now a F150 XLT with a complete "warped" dashboard. If I would have got my down payment back after FORD bought back the Stang, I would have taken every cent and walked away from FORD. Now I have to open a new case for the dashboard!
Old 08-07-2015, 09:59 AM

Received 55 Likes on 43 Posts

Papaya, keep us posted on that dashboard thing most of us have this problem and could use some advise on how to get ours fixed...
Old 08-07-2015, 10:02 AM

Originally Posted by Papaya
I would never ever buy an "American" FORD. 1st a complete crooked 2015 Mustang and now a F150 XLT with a complete "warped" dashboard. If I would have got my down payment back after FORD bought back the Stang, I would have taken every cent and walked away from FORD. Now I have to open a new case for the dashboard!
I think this is the kind of thing Ford should hear, and why I hope this poll gets a good number of responses, whether they're good or bad. They spend all this money on market research, when right here is free feedback from real owners, who probably spend above the average transaction price on a new vehicle, and also probably buy more frequently than a typical buyer... also known as the elusive "cash cow". But I can't help but feel this 2015 has soured a lot of people's view of the F-150 and Ford.

I gave up employee pricing at GM and RAM to get the F-150, because it was my dream truck and my family had always had excellent luck with Ford trucks. Mechanically mine is awesome, it's the fit/finish and quality control that leave me disappointed.
Old 08-07-2015, 11:02 AM
F250>F150

Received 917 Likes on 483 Posts

Well, I don't know how much my opinion will count since I had three of these trucks already. I got rid of the prior two for various reasons. I can say I was truly unhappy with the Lariat 502A w. 3.5LEB. Chalk it up to my ignorance, lack of research, having tunnel vision- whatever. It was an impulse buy after wanting this new body style for so long. Then you see one on the lot and have to have it. I don't know what my main issue was with it but I had a problem with the EPA numbers compared to actual. I know these vary, but when I'm getting the indicated range on a 5.0 and a 2.7 but not the 3.5, it's difficult to blame my driving style. Fit and finish was a big one. Leather quality another. The hotly debated differential rust (and I never saw the rust on the King Ranch I had or my current XLT- so either that truck was a fluke or later builds were addressed).

The King Ranch I owned was a beautiful truck. It remedied some of the issues I was having with the Lariat. No rust, fit and finish was a little better and the EPA seemed to be on point, even with hand calculating. The problem was me and affordability. Could I afford it? Yes. Did I want to afford it and did it make sense? No. I realized this when I was cutting trees and brush on my property and didn't want to throw anything in the bed for fear of scratching it. I also didn't want my 5 year old to bring a snack or a drink for fear of her spilling something inside. It's a truck.

I feel a lot better about the XLT. I saved a lot of money on the purchase so I'm more inclined to modify it how I see fit. I also get great gas mileage, even with bigger tires. The fit and finish is great from what I've seen and I usually find these things the first time I wax it. There are a couple paint flaws, but nothing anyone would notice unless they were really looking.

I agree with you that I will most likely not buy a first year vehicle again, but I don't regret the purchase I made. I will say that this rollout could have been so much worse.
The following 3 users liked this post by BoozeDaily:
baxzilla (08-08-2015), colmeir2 (08-07-2015), pb65stang (08-07-2015)
Old 08-07-2015, 11:29 AM

Originally Posted by BoozeDaily
Well, I don't know how much my opinion will count since I had three of these trucks already. I got rid of the prior two for various reasons. I can say I was truly unhappy with the Lariat 502A w. 3.5LEB. Chalk it up to my ignorance, lack of research, having tunnel vision- whatever. It was an impulse buy after wanting this new body style for so long. Then you see one on the lot and have to have it. I don't know what my main issue was with it but I had a problem with the EPA numbers compared to actual. I know these vary, but when I'm getting the indicated range on a 5.0 and a 2.7 but not the 3.5, it's difficult to blame my driving style. Fit and finish was a big one. Leather quality another. The hotly debated differential rust (and I never saw the rust on the King Ranch I had or my current XLT- so either that truck was a fluke or later builds were addressed).

The King Ranch I owned was a beautiful truck. It remedied some of the issues I was having with the Lariat. No rust, fit and finish was a little better and the EPA seemed to be on point, even with hand calculating. The problem was me and affordability. Could I afford it? Yes. Did I want to afford it and did it make sense? No. I realized this when I was cutting trees and brush on my property and didn't want to throw anything in the bed for fear of scratching it. I also didn't want my 5 year old to bring a snack or a drink for fear of her spilling something inside. It's a truck.

I feel a lot better about the XLT. I saved a lot of money on the purchase so I'm more inclined to modify it how I see fit. I also get great gas mileage, even with bigger tires. The fit and finish is great from what I've seen and I usually find these things the first time I wax it. There are a couple paint flaws, but nothing anyone would notice unless they were really looking.

I agree with you that I will most likely not buy a first year vehicle again, but I don't regret the purchase I made. I will say that this rollout could have been so much worse.
I love my KR, but I bought it now knowing full well that I'll never buy another truck this decked out ever again. I was in the perfect position - young, no kids for 2-3 years, good salary, and no other debt. So I figured buy the truck you want now, get it paid off, and drive it 10+ years. I know what you're saying about being afraid to use a nice truck, although I've gotten over that with this one. I use it, but it does get taken care of.
Old 08-07-2015, 11:33 AM

Received 352 Likes on 245 Posts

Even with the damn seat coolers burning my back, I'd buy it again lol
The following users liked this post:
Texrep (08-07-2015)
Old 08-07-2015, 11:35 AM

Received 189 Likes on 120 Posts

This is my second F-150 and without a doubt I'd buy again. I feel the pain of those of you who've had issues but I do think it's the minority. My 2015 is one of if not the best vehicle I've ever owned.
Old 08-07-2015, 11:47 AM

Received 67 Likes on 53 Posts

Way too many quality control issues with the new F150, the mustang is suffering the same fate of the seat coolers. The mft on the last 4 ford vehicles were the most frustrating part of the cars.

Like someone you hire that you realize after a bit of time that this person that you're paying is actually costing you.

Ford has unfortunately lost my future business. 200k in purchases in 4 years...
The following users liked this post:
Papaya (08-07-2015)

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Would you buy again?