Topic Sponsor
2015 - 2020 Ford F150 General discussion on the 13th generation Ford F150 truck.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Windshield Replacement

Search this Thread

Old 09-01-2015, 03:29 PM

Received 24 Likes on 8 Posts

Default Windshield Replacement

Well... I'm now on my second windshield replacement now. Rock got me again, and it cracked all over. This is two windshields from Safelite in a 2 month period, and in only owning the truck for 6 months.

First time Safelite came to do the job, I had 21 year veteran of window replacements, and has a ton of respect for the vehicle. Took the time to clean everything top to bottom, and make sure everything was back in place where it started.

Unfortunately the second time... on Friday, I took it to the shop where they had some "trainee kids" do the installation (They tell me this after the fact, otherwise I would have said no way). Let's just say I was not pleased, and that Safelite is now having to replace the entire Left & Right outer cowl screens (ripped the rubber gasket off the plastic), windshield wiper arm (bent the arm), and windshield wiper alignment pin (lost it).

They also failed to reconnect the windshield washer fluid tubes, so the washer fluid was spraying from the hose wildly in the engine bay... they also decided to use the front bumper and grill as a step stool, as I had to have them clean the dirty footprints, and windshield adhesive off the grill. To top it off, they got the adhesive on the interior mirror, and found more on the drivers and passengers seat as well as footprints on the passenger seat.

I had a nice lengthy conversation with Safelite Executive Services, and she assured me it would never happen again and that they would replace each and every part that was damaged until I am totally happy.

So from now on... I am having them come to my house, and request the guy that has the 21 years of experience take care of any windshield replacements that I need done in the future.

Sad that kids think that a 50k dollar truck is not worth taking the effort to do things right, and not destroy things.

- Bryan
Old 09-03-2015, 12:22 AM

Received 79 Likes on 25 Posts

It could be worse I had a 2000 explorer that I replaced 8 windshields in one year. Blame it on Houston, road construction everywhere, semi's hauling crap, highways not being cleaned and no glass coverage.

It can be much worse.
Old 09-03-2015, 12:52 PM

Received 708 Likes on 486 Posts

I just drive with a cracked windshield, since I know I'll get another chip / crack the day I replace it.

Quick Reply: Windshield Replacement