Topic Sponsor
2015 - 2020 Ford F150 General discussion on the 13th generation Ford F150 truck.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Wind Noise In Cab

Search this Thread

Old 08-04-2015, 04:53 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Wind Noise In Cab

I have been chasing a wind noise in the cab at highway speeds..... Today on my way home from work I turned the fan on defrost in truck and the noise went away immediately. So I checked it out a few more times and bingo there seems to air whistling through vents when the fan is not on! Is this normal and other than driving with the fan on what are possible solutions?
Old 08-04-2015, 05:11 PM

Received 66 Likes on 54 Posts

I just had my truck in for drivers door weather stripping and they mentioned they also fixed a vent that was loose. They stated there is a service bulletin on the vents push pins(fasteners) coming loose. Sounds like your problem.
The following users liked this post:
MagneticMetallicXLT (08-04-2015)
Old 08-04-2015, 07:19 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Same here!

Im having the exact same issue with mine! Will be taking back to the dealer tomorrow.

Did they make you schedule a service appointment to fix it or did they do it on the spot?
Old 08-05-2015, 05:39 AM

Originally Posted by MagneticMetallicXLT
Im having the exact same issue with mine! Will be taking back to the dealer tomorrow.

Did they make you schedule a service appointment to fix it or did they do it on the spot?
I had a appointment for noise coming from drivers door, while replacing weather stripping they checked TSB's and found vent mounting problem.
Old 08-05-2015, 06:42 AM

Received 46 Likes on 38 Posts

I have a faint whistling sound coming somewhere from my passenger side .. Only happens around 60+ mph .. Dealer had it three weeks and didn't fix it .. I'm getting frustrated to say the least
Old 08-05-2015, 08:37 AM

Originally Posted by Moore08
I have a faint whistling sound coming somewhere from my passenger side .. Only happens around 60+ mph .. Dealer had it three weeks and didn't fix it .. I'm getting frustrated to say the least
Next time you hear it, turn on the front defrost and see if it goes away.

Mine stops immediately when i do this.

I will post updates as to what my dealer finds.
Old 08-05-2015, 08:40 AM

Received 28 Likes on 12 Posts

My son in law and daughter have a new 15 XLT with 302A package. They too have the air noise/whistle at speed. I took it out and tried different setups and at 40 mph it starts. We have narrowed it down to it only happens when the recirc is on (outside air is NOT coming in). Turn recirc off and whistle goes away at any speed. Must be an air leak at the recirc door when in the closed position. They haven't taken it in yet, but I hate to think the dash would have to come out to fix it. It drives them nuts so they may have no choice. Only 400 miles on it.
Old 08-05-2015, 11:36 AM

Originally Posted by OldFlick
I just had my truck in for drivers door weather stripping and they mentioned they also fixed a vent that was loose. They stated there is a service bulletin on the vents push pins(fasteners) coming loose. Sounds like your problem.
What vent was loose?

My dealer states there is no service bulletin for this.
Old 08-05-2015, 12:14 PM

Originally Posted by MagneticMetallicXLT
What vent was loose?

My dealer states there is no service bulletin for this.
I will have to ask as I did not take paperwork, was busy buying accessories at parts counter.
Old 08-05-2015, 01:36 PM

Received 141 Likes on 84 Posts

Sub'd I have this same thing going on. Hopefully it's an easy fix...I just figured it was how the truck was...Needless to say on the highway, I always leave the fan on.

Quick Reply: Wind Noise In Cab