Topic Sponsor
2015 - 2020 Ford F150 General discussion on the 13th generation Ford F150 truck.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Who wishes they would have looked harder at Ram before getting 2015+ F150?

Search this Thread

Old 07-22-2016, 02:01 PM

Received 30 Likes on 24 Posts

Default Who wishes they would have looked harder at Ram before getting 2015+ F150?

I have a 2014 FX4 which has been my favorite truck to date...only exception being my 2011 4-Runner. I generally get a new vehicle every two years. I have a 2016 Lariat on order now...ordered 5 weeks ago and its still in order status on Cotus.

I've been sneaking thru the Ram dealership by my work lately and gotta say some of the new Rams look pretty nice...especially the Rebel IMO. Then I come to this forum (which is like crack) and constantly read about 2015+ issues. I get thats why many come on here...to find solutions but just seems overwhelming lately. I have two close friends who converted to Ram in 2016...one from a GMC and the other a Ford. They are in love with their Rams. I have personally never driven one but to me the interiors look pretty freaking nice. Sensitive topic I know but curious on thoughts for those who have driven new Rams and own a 2015+ F150?
Old 07-22-2016, 02:08 PM
Gone Golfin

Received 2,271 Likes on 1,391 Posts

Go on a Ram forum. It's no different there than here.

People love to tell you about their issues. Yes, they (Rams) have their issues.

Be glad you ordered a new F-150. Enjoy your new truck.
The following users liked this post:
tooloud10 (07-24-2016)
Old 07-22-2016, 02:14 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by deanno
I have a 2014 FX4 which has been my favorite truck to date...only exception being my 2011 4-Runner. I generally get a new vehicle every two years. I have a 2016 Lariat on order now...ordered 5 weeks ago and its still in order status on Cotus.

I've been sneaking thru the Ram dealership by my work lately and gotta say some of the new Rams look pretty nice...especially the Rebel IMO. Then I come to this forum (which is like crack) and constantly read about 2015+ issues. I get thats why many come on here...to find solutions but just seems overwhelming lately. I have two close friends who converted to Ram in 2016...one from a GMC and the other a Ford. They are in love with their Rams. I have personally never driven one but to me the interiors look pretty freaking nice. Sensitive topic I know but curious on thoughts for those who have driven new Rams and own a 2015+ F150?
Sounds like you like a new vehicle pretty regularly. You might want to checkout the horrendous resale value of the RAM and your decision might get a little easier. Enjoy your truck whichever way you go.
AC_F150 (12-13-2017)
Old 07-22-2016, 02:20 PM

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

What drew me to the 2015+ F150 had nothing to do with which brand made it, but it was the technology.
Things like ACC, BLIS, Lane Keep, etc. I find important.

I was previously a big Toyota fan, but have been slowly converted as I don't keep my vehicles as long anymore as my many Toyotas that had 240k + miles on them.

As you say, if you are only keeping a vehicle for a couple of years, to me it doesn't really matter what brand you get as long as you enjoy it, and if you don't well no big deal.

Enjoy your new truck!

Shawn.
Old 07-22-2016, 02:32 PM

Received 56 Likes on 45 Posts

I for one who is in the market for a truck for the first time appreciate this thread.

I realize information overload can drive one crazy. Also, no matter what forum you go on you will find complaints.

I own a Porsche and on the Porsche forum there are complaints. Mine has been flawless which is really what matters to me.

Although I do admit seeing some complaints here is scaring me away. Also, on the Fast Lane Truck on YouTube they've raved about the Ram, especially the eco diesel, and also the redesigned Silverado scored higher.

That said, any product can have problems. They did say the Ram and Silverado had better, quicker steering than the Ford and handled better.

Don't know if that's true or not.
Old 07-22-2016, 02:33 PM

Received 30 Likes on 24 Posts

As you say, if you are only keeping a vehicle for a couple of years, to me it doesn't really matter what brand you get as long as you enjoy it, and if you don't well no big deal.

This is very true.

I too was long time Toyota and loved most of them. I put on 25 to 30k miles a year and trade as the powertrain warranty is about to expire. Tried ford in 2014 as my wifes family gets a-plan pricing. Gotta say its been a great truck.
Old 07-22-2016, 03:10 PM
nad

Received 225 Likes on 145 Posts

I would have bought a Ram if I didn't know they were coming out with a redesign next year. I bought ford this time because for resale reasons I wanted the newest design.

In your case if you are going to get rid of the truck in two years you're better off with a Ford because it will still be a current generation. In two years the ram will be outdated by its predecessor, thus lowering the resale value.
Old 07-22-2016, 03:18 PM
Ford Truck Lover

Received 748 Likes on 457 Posts

Two of my hunting buddies own Rams (2015 & 2016). They are both great trucks. You won't be disappointed. As far as styling goes, the Ram is the only one that competes, in my opinion, with the F150. Chevy and GMC are butt ugly, and the foreign truck makers are pimples on the butt ugly.

Both of my cousins have had no issues with their Rams. But then the people I know with 15 and 16 F150s have no problems. These forums are for discussing issues. Very few people seek out a forum just to say "my truck is flawless and I love it". Most have an issue and come here for help. And then you have trolls that don't even own the truck that come here to bash it.
Old 07-22-2016, 03:23 PM

Received 100 Likes on 60 Posts

I looked harder at ram for my '16 purchase. I was trading a 14 silverado. I thought ford was nicer and performed better than both. But, you get more interior luxuries for the money in ram. My xlt was 50k and a loaded laramie I test drove was 50k as well. Heated front and back leather, heated steering wheel, nicer sound system 20 in wheels spray in liner ect all for the same price. But, the ford just felt like that much better truck, so I went with it.
Old 07-22-2016, 03:26 PM

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

I love driving my 2016 king ranch, I know people with Mercedes Benz that say my trucks nicer than their mb
oldpanzer (07-27-2016)

Quick Reply: Who wishes they would have looked harder at Ram before getting 2015+ F150?