Topic Sponsor
2015 - 2020 Ford F150 General discussion on the 13th generation Ford F150 truck.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

White LED headlight switchback

Old 02-01-2016, 05:20 PM

Received 12 Likes on 6 Posts

Default White LED headlight switchback

I apologize if this has already been discussed/posted. I read through some other headlight threads and didn't see this topic specifically mentioned. I've seen where the Raptor headlights offer a white/orange switchback. Is this feature available on the factory installed LED headlights, or would you have the replace the entire factory housing with an aftermarket housing that offers this capability?

Personally, I really like the ability to change the factory orange to a bright white and allow the perimeter outline to blink orange with a turn signal. Just curious if there are any products that make customization of the factory headlights possible w/o replacing the entire housing.
Old 02-01-2016, 05:26 PM
Master

Received 452 Likes on 254 Posts

It is just replacement LED boards for the amber C-clamp, 2 bulbs/modules per light.

You can add it to yours, however, the headlight will have to be baked and opened. HUGE PITA. Your gonna have to REALLY want it done.

Google Diode Dynamics LED switchbacks for the 2015 F-150s.
Old 02-01-2016, 05:28 PM

Received 103 Likes on 71 Posts

Originally Posted by jweidert
I apologize if this has already been discussed/posted. I read through some other headlight threads and didn't see this topic specifically mentioned. I've seen where the Raptor headlights offer a white/orange switchback. Is this feature available on the factory installed LED headlights, or would you have the replace the entire factory housing with an aftermarket housing that offers this capability?

Personally, I really like the ability to change the factory orange to a bright white and allow the perimeter outline to blink orange with a turn signal. Just curious if there are any products that make customization of the factory headlights possible w/o replacing the entire housing.
I believe Diode Dynamics sells the board, and you need to find a retrofitter like retroshop.us to make it happen.
Old 02-01-2016, 06:11 PM

Received 12 Likes on 6 Posts

Thank you both for the replies, I'll do some more research based off these leads
Old 02-02-2016, 02:04 PM

Received 41 Likes on 29 Posts

I had a retrofitter @redling lighting install mine... Diode Dynamics led switchback board

The following users liked this post:
Diode Dynamics (02-03-2016)
Old 03-26-2016, 12:03 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by daveantonio92
I had a retrofitter @redling lighting install mine... Diode Dynamics led switchback board

Saw your truck at Smithtown Ford last friday when I picked up my 16 explorer from service, was hoping to find out where you had your headlights done, but you were gone before I had a chance to ask. Wasn't sure if you where here on the forums.
Old 08-07-2017, 11:36 PM

Received 122 Likes on 63 Posts

Originally Posted by daveantonio92

Are these the multi color or just white and amber? What I want is white daylight running lights with amber turns. If they have that and all the colors that's a plus. Not sure if they do or not though.
Old 08-07-2017, 11:38 PM

Received 111 Likes on 88 Posts

Originally Posted by zukmeister
Are these the multi color or just white and amber? What I want is white daylight running lights with amber turns. If they have that and all the colors that's a plus. Not sure if they do or not though.
It looks like they are white and turn amber for turns. You can set the parking lights for DRL using forscan.
Old 08-08-2017, 09:54 AM

Received 51 Likes on 43 Posts

I really wish you could control between the white and amber. Sometimes I think blacked out with amber looks better with white but white LED looks good too.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: White LED headlight switchback