Topic Sponsor
2015 - 2020 Ford F150 General discussion on the 13th generation Ford F150 truck.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Where can I find switched 12V source in main fuse box in engine compartment

Search this Thread

Old 11-01-2015, 06:11 PM
MGF

Received 23 Likes on 18 Posts
Default Where can I find switched 12V source in main fuse box in engine compartment

I'm trying to find a switched source in the main fuse box under the hood, but everyone I've tested is alive after the ignition push button is turned off. Example - power trailer side mirrors definitely don't work after you turn ignition button off, but when I pull that fuse with the ignition off, there's still 12v on one side. The application is to switch my Airlift pump off with ignition that's mounted under the truck and I don't want to run a wire through the firewall to the secondary fuse box in the passenger footwell. Alternatively, is the a switched 12v source to tap at the rear of the truck?
Old 11-01-2015, 06:36 PM

Received 877 Likes on 561 Posts

When I installed mine I could not find one they were all hot. Your options are to run it always hot which will not be a problem if you get everything installed correctly and don't have an leaks, or run a wire to the cab. Alternately I'm sure you could find a keyed source on the engine main harness to tap and run a relay but I wouldn't.
Old 11-01-2015, 08:50 PM

Received 43 Likes on 37 Posts

I ran a wire from the PDB to run a relay for my CB and 2 meter radios so they come on with the key. everything is under the hood except the wires from the radios

Quick Reply: Where can I find switched 12V source in main fuse box in engine compartment