Topic Sponsor
2015 - 2020 Ford F150 General discussion on the 13th generation Ford F150 truck.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

What's up with sync

Search this Thread

Old 08-02-2015, 10:36 PM

Received 115 Likes on 75 Posts
Default What's up with sync

I have a Samsung Note 4 and it pairs up with Sync correctly. It downloads my phone book and I can make calls. I have one issue though. No text messaging!

I checked the sync site and it shows the note as fully compatible and should be able to receive texts.

I tried my wife's Samsung S6 Edge and it works perfectly so it's not my truck.

Anybody have any idea why the note 4 wouldn't work for text?
Old 08-03-2015, 01:01 AM

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Not a Samsung/android user, but I know on my iPhone under the Bluetooth setting, I have to go in and enable the notifications for the device (or disable it when I'm tired of the dinging when people are being too chatty).
Old 08-03-2015, 02:26 AM

Received 23 Likes on 18 Posts

With the new update my note did the same thing. I went onto best buy and the Samsung guys did a firmware update for the bluetooth and it works fine. They said the not had some issues when it came to the update.
Old 08-03-2015, 09:09 AM

Yea im going into Verizon this am to see what they can do.
Old 08-03-2015, 09:19 AM

Received 76 Likes on 44 Posts

it worked for me, dealer set it up for me and text messaging was working but I got tired of all of the texts coming thru and staying on the sync screen so to turn it off I had to disconnect and forget the device in my SYNC and then go back and add it but when it asked me to turn on text messaging I hit no, so maybe try re-syncing your phone and be sure to hit yes for text messaging when going through the setup. Oh I have the galaxy s6 phone.
Old 08-03-2015, 09:54 AM

My wifes S6 works fine so I cant believe its my truck and its not something im doing wrong. Its gota be something with the phone so im going to start there then go to the dealer.
Old 08-03-2015, 02:39 PM
Ford Customer Service

Received 315 Likes on 196 Posts

Originally Posted by Billbeau
I have a Samsung Note 4 and it pairs up with Sync correctly. It downloads my phone book and I can make calls. I have one issue though. No text messaging!

I checked the sync site and it shows the note as fully compatible and should be able to receive texts.

I tried my wife's Samsung S6 Edge and it works perfectly so it's not my truck.

Anybody have any idea why the note 4 wouldn't work for text?
Yea im going into Verizon this am to see what they can do.
My wifes S6 works fine so I cant believe its my truck and its not something im doing wrong. Its gota be something with the phone so im going to start there then go to the dealer.
Hi Billbeau,

When pairing Android devices, you must accept the request to allow SYNC access to your text messages. If the notification is not accepted, the feature won't work. I suggest pairing the phone again. After the pairing is complete, you will receive two notifications. The first one is for text and the second one is for the phonebook.

Shaay
Old 08-03-2015, 03:56 PM

You are correct young man. That was one thing I wasnt seeing with my note 4 but the s6 did have two requests.

I finally got it working. on my phone I had to shutoff BT then delete the sync connection. Then I went into settings > applications > applications manager and under all i went into BT and erased the cache and data. Then into BT Test and did the same. I then turned off my phone and removed the battery. Waited 10 minutes and restarted my phone.

Went out to my truck and into the phone settings and deleted the note 4 phone. I then went and paired the phone with sync and bing bang boom I had the two requests. I allowed them and my text was working. Sent one to the wife and received one back.

Thanks for all the suggestions guys
Old 08-03-2015, 04:23 PM

Received 76 Likes on 44 Posts

now if you can figure out how to get the text messages to delete (or at least show they were read) if you delete them on your phone or read them. Mine keep showing new messages and you have to delete them on the phone and sync. This is why i deactivated my text messaging feature from mine.
Old 08-03-2015, 04:31 PM

I'm not one of those people that texts 500 times a day. I might get one or two so erasing them is no big deal.

Quick Reply: What's up with sync