Topic Sponsor
2015 - 2020 Ford F150 General discussion on the 13th generation Ford F150 truck.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

What is "Pulse"? (Dealer Installed Option)

Search this Thread

Old 08-16-2015, 04:34 PM

Received 28 Likes on 7 Posts

Default What is "Pulse"? (Dealer Installed Option)

I bought a truck yesterday and didn't notice a dealer installed option named "Pulse" until I got home. It was on a window sticker they must have had next to the official window sticker. I searched here and Googled for what this "Pulse" is, but couldn't find anything. Am I missing something obvious?

Old 08-16-2015, 04:55 PM

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts
Default What is "Pulse"? (Dealer Installed Option)

More than likely just a markup on the truck. A dealer can put anything they want to on the addendum sticker.
Old 08-16-2015, 05:00 PM

Received 1,000 Likes on 667 Posts

Well, maybe the dealer checked your pulse, found that it was weak, and jacked up the truck price by $299, hoping you would not notice.

Or it could be this.

http://www.pulseprotects.com/introducing-pulse/

Have someone step on the brake and check your brake lights.

Nice idea, but is it worth $299?

Amazon.com : Vehicle Brake Light Flasher Module. Safety Flash Light Alert. Universal : Automotive Electronic Flashers : Car Electronics Amazon.com : Vehicle Brake Light Flasher Module. Safety Flash Light Alert. Universal : Automotive Electronic Flashers : Car Electronics

Last edited by All Hat No Cattle; 08-16-2015 at 05:08 PM.
Old 08-16-2015, 05:11 PM

Received 28 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by All Hat No Cattle
Well, maybe the dealer checked your pulse, found that it was weak, and jacked up the truck price by $299, hoping you would not notice.

Or it could be this.

http://www.pulseprotects.com/introducing-pulse/

Have someone step on the brake and check your brake lights.

Nice idea, but is it worth $299?

Amazon.com : Vehicle Brake Light Flasher Module. Safety Flash Light Alert. Universal : Automotive Electronic Flashers : Car Electronics
Haha, thanks. I thought it was odd when the sales guy held his fingers to my wrist and got silent...

I negotiated over the phone, out of state, and they never mentioned this. At the end of the day, I paid the price I wanted for the truck, so on one hand, I'm happy to have something "extra". On the other, I probably would have declined this option if that link of flashing brake light is correct. I'll test it later.

Quick Reply: What is "Pulse"? (Dealer Installed Option)