Topic Sponsor
2015 - 2020 Ford F150 General discussion on the 13th generation Ford F150 truck.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

What do you get at order time?

Search this Thread

Old 11-21-2015, 12:10 PM

Received 29 Likes on 24 Posts

Default What do you get at order time?

I am ready to place an order for a 2016. What documents should I be getting at order time from dealer? I want to:
1) Confirm exactly what was order to make sure it matches my specs,
2) Have documentation about deal price and fees as discussed,
3) Have assurance my name in on the vehicle, and when it comes in it won't be sold out from under me.

Should I expect a full deal sheet? All my quotes have been on a Ford sheet that looks like it was printed from ordermanagement.dealerconnection.com, listing all items and invoice and msrp prices. Is there something else that confirms for me it was actually ordered? And once the vin is issued can I immediately go see the window sticker online for further confirmation?

Thanks!
Old 11-21-2015, 11:03 PM

Would appreciate any feedback on what you got at order time. Did you leave a deposit? Get signed paperwork? Order confirmation?
Old 11-21-2015, 11:09 PM

Received 237 Likes on 165 Posts

I got a printout of the order and a written sentence with my $1k under invoice. Also gave a check for $500 that they just hold to make sure they don't sell it to someone else. It's refundable though if I pull out or refuse delivery.
Old 11-22-2015, 12:39 AM

Received 241 Likes on 172 Posts

Some dealers require a deposit, if you have to provide one, be sure that it's written that it's fully refundable if you cancel your order, for any reason. And get a complete copy of your order and the agreed upon price less any rebates at the time of delivery.

Good luck!
Old 11-23-2015, 11:44 AM

Ok. The dealer I am ordering from has not asked for a deposit and said they would write up the deal sheet when the truck comes in. So, I am just a bit nervous that all I have is emails with the agreed on price.

Also, since it is Job 2, should I still expect a VIN number within 2 weeks of the order being placed?
Old 11-23-2015, 12:12 PM

Received 225 Likes on 165 Posts

yea that is a little suspect. Realistically, its probably because they are lazy and its a lot easier to just write up the normal sales deal once the truck is there. No offense to anyone whom this may apply, but the majority of people working at a dealership arent very bright. Example, a fair amount of salesman dont know how to calculate sales tax.

BUTTTTTT, they could be trying to work you over once it comes in. You could always just walk away if they wont honor the price, but that would really suck to waste those 6-12 weeks.

Quick Reply: What do you get at order time?