Topic Sponsor
2015 - 2020 Ford F150 General discussion on the 13th generation Ford F150 truck.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

What a disappointment - Anyone with Lemon experience

Search this Thread

Old 04-23-2015, 03:48 PM

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts
Default What a disappointment - Anyone with Lemon experience

Well its been 26 days without a truck, compensation or man we really are sorry. I am pretty disappointed. Mostly because the whole thing has kinda turned into a circus act. IMO, I have been majorly understanding, patient and flexible not even upset yet. Maybe that was my mistake though.

I dropped my truck off to get a variety of issues fixed 26 days ago. 22 biz days today. The major issues were some serious paint defects in the bed, on the roof and core body inside the doors. Door alignment on both sides, tailgate miss-alignment and loose interior panels. Effectively all the doors were going to have to come off most of it repainted and then back together. They were concerned how right they could get it.

( https://www.f150forum.com/f118/need-...2/#post4118440 post 19 has some pics )

Last week they were suppose to try and repaint it. There was no action plan laid out if they could not get it right. So, I call the Ford Customer Rep line. I opened a case and also asked about the DRP process required by X-Plan. After not hearing back from the Regional guy ( was suppose to call last Fri). I called the Ford Customer Rep line again today. The lady was very honest and let me know the case had been closed and she was not sure why. Apologized... and re-opened it.

To follow the right steps toward my states lemon law. I started the complaint process with the BBB today. In my state 30 days without your car and loss of value is what I am starting to look towards. This is not what I was hoping for but seems to be where things are headed.

Wondering if anyone has experience with the BBB DRP process? Is it just a joke or useful.

Last edited by wadingdog; 04-23-2015 at 07:13 PM.
Old 04-23-2015, 06:29 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Man that sucks. Ford should just let you pick out a new truck and call it good. That sounds like something you would do to a well used truck not a new one. Check you states lemon law and good luck.
The following users liked this post:
iFord (04-24-2015)
Old 04-23-2015, 06:55 PM

Received 89 Likes on 52 Posts

In most cases I feel like people overreact to small issues, but I wouldn't be okay with having my brand new truck sitting at the dealer for 26 days and needing a whole re-paint. Good luck to you!
Old 04-23-2015, 07:09 PM

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

Out of pure curiosity and because the dealer has gone from good to meh. I made a surprise visit to the body shop just to see what was involved and get their thoughts. Good guys they seemed honest and thankfully explained everything they had to do and how bad the factory paint job really was.

They had all four doors off and completely disassembled. Not sure why, but they painted all four doors.

The moonroof was completely removed, inside roof liner and 1/2 the interior disassembled. They had to do this to re-paint the entire roof.

All the trim was removed and they also had to repaint the entire body and pillars.

Ironically.... the regional service manger called as I was pulling away from the body shop. She was really nice and genuinely concerned it has been 26 days, little communication, severity, combined sum of issues and that the case I had opened had been closed. Very action oriented, she already has put one step of compensation in place and assured me there is much more to come based on what she has already seen. Naturally, which I understand we need to get the truck back and see what it looks like and where things stand.

I was ok with doing some paint repair until knowing the doors were un-assembled and the moonroof was completely removed. A little nervous all that is going to go back together easy.

What would be all the things to look for when this thing gets back? I think the car wash is a minimum given the moonroof issues with the hoses.
Old 04-23-2015, 07:28 PM

Received 353 Likes on 285 Posts

Look at the truck from different angles in natural light (outside). Makes sure the paint matches, depending on color and whether it's a metallic paint, panel painting without blending is greatly hit and miss. Drive the truck and make sure there are no rattles in the interior, also listen for any wind noise that would indicate faulty seals. Make sure your 100% satisfied before signing off and taking delivery. Sucks you have to go through this on a new vehicle! Good luck and let us know how it goes.
Old 04-23-2015, 07:54 PM

Received 1,603 Likes on 904 Posts

Originally Posted by wadingdog
They had all four doors off and completely disassembled. Not sure why, but they painted all four doors.
Because it's difficult to match paint, and they want it to be consistent.
Old 04-23-2015, 07:55 PM

Received 27 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by wadingdog
Well its been 26 days without a truck, compensation or man we really are sorry. I am pretty disappointed. Mostly because the whole thing has kinda turned into a circus act. IMO, I have been majorly understanding, patient and flexible not even upset yet. Maybe that was my mistake though.

I dropped my truck off to get a variety of issues fixed 26 days ago. 22 biz days today. The major issues were some serious paint defects in the bead, on the roof and core body inside the doors. Door alignment on both sides, tailgate miss-alignment and loose interior panels. Effectively all the doors were going to have to come off most of it repainted and then back together. They were concerned how right they could get it.

( https://www.f150forum.com/f118/need-...2/#post4118440 post 19 has some pics )

Last week they were suppose to try and repaint it. There was no action plan laid out if they could not get it right. So, I call the Ford Customer Rep line. I opened a case and also asked about the DRP process required by X-Plan. After not hearing back from the Regional guy ( was suppose to call last Fri). I called the Ford Customer Rep line again today. The lady was very honest and let me know the case had been closed and she was not sure why. Apologized... and re-opened it.

To follow the right steps toward my states lemon law. I started the complaint process with the BBB today. In my state 30 days without your car and loss of value is what I am starting to look towards. This is not what I was hoping for but seems to be where things are headed.

Wondering if anyone has experience with the BBB DRP process? Is it just a joke or useful.

I’m regretful this is happen to you, perhaps is to have better thing ahead… In my experience now before the purchase of my new ford searching on line I saw that Ford Motors Co. selling some new vehicles thru Manheim.com only to authorize Ford Dealers with pre-existing body damage and frame… fixed with details like CAT:B $ 3’172.49 attach pictures of one (Is this retain to seller or, is disclose?) after the Dealers purchase something like this from Ford Motors Co.
I just wonder if that is one of those vehicles… Not fixed properly and sold as new. NEVER DISCLOSE!
Attached Images      
Old 04-23-2015, 08:06 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I am having the exact same issue's. I am currently with out my truck waiting on engineers for the last month. Same problems doors not aligned or even fit properly they are supposed to replace the whole door panel and repaint 2 of them. Already replaced moonroof and still pours water in, back window gaps don't line up as well as windshield they are thinking the cab is out of square! I have a claim in and been working with them for the past month then my agent calls me and says sorry there's nothing she can do and it's her last day as a ford customer service rep and I am on my own how's that for customer service. If I feel it's not getting fixed go to another dealer. Still don't have a new rep yet! My dealer told I should file for the lemon law and they have given me paperwork to do so!

Last edited by 15150plat; 04-23-2015 at 08:11 PM.
Old 04-23-2015, 09:39 PM

Received 15 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by 15150plat
I am having the exact same issue's. I am currently with out my truck waiting on engineers for the last month. Same problems doors not aligned or even fit properly they are supposed to replace the whole door panel and repaint 2 of them. Already replaced moonroof and still pours water in, back window gaps don't line up as well as windshield they are thinking the cab is out of square! I have a claim in and been working with them for the past month then my agent calls me and says sorry there's nothing she can do and it's her last day as a ford customer service rep and I am on my own how's that for customer service. If I feel it's not getting fixed go to another dealer. Still don't have a new rep yet! My dealer told I should file for the lemon law and they have given me paperwork to do so!
Both of these stories leave me pretty much speechless. How does Ford not replace these brand new vehicles and sell those as used trucks, albeit with some history but repaired to factory specs. Hope there's a happy ending to all of this for you guys...I'd be so pissed.
The following 2 users liked this post by RP_DATA:
kendive (11-14-2015), Toddman38 (07-10-2015)
Old 04-24-2015, 01:08 AM
Cowboy of the Skies

Received 167 Likes on 134 Posts

OMG! All i can say is sorry you guys are going through this. I hope ford makes it right in the end for all of you.....as that is BS.

Quick Reply: What a disappointment - Anyone with Lemon experience