Topic Sponsor
2015 - 2020 Ford F150 General discussion on the 13th generation Ford F150 truck.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:
View Poll Results: Brake pedal going to floor if you keep the pressure on it with engine running?
No it does not go to floor
53.85%
Yes it does go to the floor
46.15%
Voters: 13. You may not vote on this poll

Well your brake pedal go to the floor if engine is running and you apply brake.

Search this Thread

Old 09-16-2015, 10:04 PM

Received 1,266 Likes on 843 Posts
Default Well your brake pedal go to the floor if engine is running and you apply brake.

Noticed that my brake petal will go to the floor if I keep pushing on it. Dealer told me it's normal that's the way they all are. I don't remember it doing this before is it really normal? Do all your brake petals go to the floor if you keep the pressure on it?
Old 09-16-2015, 10:09 PM

Received 50 Likes on 41 Posts

Parked my brake peddle feels soft, when driving the brakes are touchy and work very well.
Old 09-16-2015, 11:02 PM

Originally Posted by thsmith
Parked my brake peddle feels soft, when driving the brakes are touchy and work very well.
Question was will it go to the floor if you keep pressure on it.
Old 09-17-2015, 08:25 AM

Received 50 Likes on 41 Posts

Pretty close but not all the way. My wife's 2013 Hyundai Azera does the same thing, parked and running the peddle almost goes to the floor but when driving it does not require near that amount of pressure to go to the floor to stop the car.

I think the question should be do you have problems with your brake peddle going to the floor when driving in order to stop. My answer is no to that question.
Old 09-17-2015, 08:38 AM

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Mine goes to the floor with the engine running. At a stop sign in drive I can also push it to the floor. I test drove two other trucks, they were the same way. One was another Platinum, and the other a stripper KR.(600A)
Old 09-17-2015, 09:07 AM

Received 225 Likes on 141 Posts

the brake pedal pressure should relieve itself slowly with steady pressure kept on the pedal. If you're in park, engine running, pump the pedal a few times til it gets really stiff, then put constant even pressure on it, it should eventually relieve the pressure and go all the way down.
Old 09-17-2015, 11:25 AM

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts

I'd suggest drive something other then your truck to another dealership, and take a test drive of a truck similar to yours, and see if it does the same. You will know best what you are looking for. There were a couple of things I was unsure about, but when the dealer gave me a loaner with same model year and motor my mind was set at ease (funny sound and idle at cold start).
Old 09-17-2015, 11:34 AM

Originally Posted by jcat
the brake pedal pressure should relieve itself slowly with steady pressure kept on the pedal. If you're in park, engine running, pump the pedal a few times til it gets really stiff, then put constant even pressure on it, it should eventually relieve the pressure and go all the way down.
Thank you for answering! This is exactly what mine does. In all my years of driving it was always if brake pedal goes to floor get out and look for puddle of brake fluid under vehicle if none found replace master cylinder. Before driving vehicle again.

I guess I'll have to be reprogrammed!

Last edited by Livoniabob; 09-17-2015 at 11:37 AM.

Quick Reply: Well your brake pedal go to the floor if engine is running and you apply brake.