Topic Sponsor
2015 - 2020 Ford F150 General discussion on the 13th generation Ford F150 truck.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Vibrations

Search this Thread

Old 08-29-2015, 11:44 AM

Received 27 Likes on 17 Posts
Default Vibrations

Hello
So i bought my v8 5.0 xlt about 2 months ago and 1 week later i just couldn't resist getting new rims and tyres and so thats what i did!
Went with 17" method race wheels and 285 bfgoodrich all terrains, i now have some slight vibrations when driveing, sometimes its smooth and sometimes its so bad that i cant even put my head back on the seat because it feels like my head is getting pounded.
Since this is my 1st truck some guys told me all trucks vibrate abit some worst than others, i just find it weird how sometimes my ride is smooth and other times bumpy and vibrateing and this is all on the same road.
Anyway my question to all you guys:
Is this normal?
I forgot how my truck drove at stock because i replaced everything so fast.
Thank you guys in advance!

Here are some pics
Btw i love this beast
Attached Thumbnails Vibrations-photo614.jpg   Vibrations-photo465.jpg  
Old 08-30-2015, 10:52 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Metfayeg
Hello
So i bought my v8 5.0 xlt about 2 months ago and 1 week later i just couldn't resist getting new rims and tyres and so thats what i did!
Went with 17" method race wheels and 285 bfgoodrich all terrains, i now have some slight vibrations when driveing, sometimes its smooth and sometimes its so bad that i cant even put my head back on the seat because it feels like my head is getting pounded.
Since this is my 1st truck some guys told me all trucks vibrate abit some worst than others, i just find it weird how sometimes my ride is smooth and other times bumpy and vibrateing and this is all on the same road.
Anyway my question to all you guys:
Is this normal?
I forgot how my truck drove at stock because i replaced everything so fast.
Thank you guys in advance!

Here are some pics
Btw i love this beast
Hi bro..

Good thing you brought this issue up since I was going to post the same experience but then I was looking through the thread hoping that somewhere down the line I find a similar problem to mine just to make sure I dont repeat any post.

I am experiencing EXACTLY what you're saying. Bought my truck 3 months ago and I am running 17" XD series and 285 cooper tyres w/ short oscillations (vibrations) in the whole body not just the steering wheel and I was this close into running back my stock wheels but I am digging the new shoes .. (keep in mind that I did not install a leveling kit!!!)
I went to the dealer for my service and told them about the issue and they said it is absolutely normal if you're running new wheels & tires. But then I wasn't totally convinced.

Now my question to is.. did you get any leveling kit on your truck?

Hope the guys from the US help w/ this issue.

I'll drop you a DM if you want to get in touch. And I will post a pic of my truck once I use my pc..
Old 08-30-2015, 10:58 AM

Nice truck though
Old 08-30-2015, 11:22 AM
Collision Journeyman

Received 12 Likes on 10 Posts

Basically you've just changed the overall inclination of the vehicle . And added extra weight to the vehicles front end . No it will never drive the same again . now add a leveling kit and destroy your suspension . Also you've put tires and rims on that are not rated by Ford for your vehicle . What about your brakes ? Takes longer to stop don't it ? Man that truck looks sweet tho !
Old 08-30-2015, 11:25 AM

Received 241 Likes on 172 Posts

I have read that sometimes they have balancing issues with the custom wheels themselves, not the actual tire, but it could always be a combination of both.

Put your factories back on and see if that fixes the issue. If you're going to address the problem you will have to rule them out, at some point.

Good luck, your truck looks sharp!!
Old 08-30-2015, 11:35 AM

Received 620 Likes on 434 Posts

What was wrong with the OEM rims and tires?

It amazes me how people want to do mods to destroy a wonderful vehicle!
Old 08-30-2015, 12:20 PM

Received 241 Likes on 172 Posts

Originally Posted by Takeda
What was wrong with the OEM rims and tires?

It amazes me how people want to do mods to destroy a wonderful vehicle!

"Destroy a wonderful vehicle", you have got to be kidding! Seems most members are doing some sort of MODS to their new trucks on this forum, from changing light bulbs to changing the color of their entire truck, using vinyl wrap!

I suppose you did absolutely ZERO mods, didn't even change floor mats or ad tint nothing at all?

His truck looks pretty good, and he was asking for our help with an issue he has. Thats one of the main reasons this forum is up running and successful!
Old 08-30-2015, 03:17 PM

Received 620 Likes on 434 Posts

Originally Posted by AbitaPro
"Destroy a wonderful vehicle", you have got to be kidding! Seems most members are doing some sort of MODS to their new trucks on this forum, from changing light bulbs to changing the color of their entire truck, using vinyl wrap!

I suppose you did absolutely ZERO mods, didn't even change floor mats or ad tint nothing at all?

His truck looks pretty good, and he was asking for our help with an issue he has. Thats one of the main reasons this forum is up running and successful!
I only added an ARE fiberglass bed cover, and an OEM Ford side toolbox.
Old 08-30-2015, 10:59 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Takeda
I only added an ARE fiberglass bed cover, and an OEM Ford side toolbox.
Y are u even on this forum, to bash everyones style and personal choices?
I mean really, since u don't mod your truck at all and all you do is drive it as is, what good is a forum to you? Stop trolling, ur opinion is not wanted everywhere. You are an a+ Internet bully tho.
Old 08-31-2015, 02:21 AM

Thumbs up

Originally Posted by AbitaPro
I have read that sometimes they have balancing issues with the custom wheels themselves, not the actual tire, but it could always be a combination of both.

Put your factories back on and see if that fixes the issue. If you're going to address the problem you will have to rule them out, at some point.

Good luck, your truck looks sharp!!
I will re-state the problem exactly how the driving experience is.. we get a vibration in the whole body of the truck (NOT steering wheel vibration) at speed ranging somewhere b/w 130-140kmh (81-87mph) and mostly cruising on 87mph .. I have read that installing leveling kits will reduce hermonics when running big tires and I do not know if such statement is correct.. I dont know whether if the thread writer had his leveling kit on, but in my case I am running w/o it..

So, we are still waiting for an answer ..

And here is a pic of my truck

Quick Reply: Vibrations