Topic Sponsor
2015 - 2020 Ford F150 General discussion on the 13th generation Ford F150 truck.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Two Week Old Screw Sport with Creaking Leaf Spring

Search this Thread

Old 08-02-2015, 11:48 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Default Two Week Old Screw Sport with Creaking Leaf Spring

Haven't been on here for awhile, previously had a 2011 EB Screw which i traded in last year. Took delivery of a 2015 Screw Sport on the 22nd of July. Everything works great, just adjusting from previously owning a Ram. Today while going through the common speed bumps, I started hearing some "creaking" or popping under the vehicle. I'm automatically assuming it's a leaf spring issue since I had the same thing happen to me on a two week old truck back in 2011. Am I the only one going through this or is this failrly common? The truck appears to have been a 12/14 dated vehicle. I'm assuming it's been sitting on the lot for a few months before i took delivery. I appreciate the help.
2015 Tuxedo Black Screw XLT Sport 5.0
Old 08-03-2015, 12:08 AM

Received 163 Likes on 94 Posts

Mine started making a squeaking sound, coming from the rear suspension as well. It is annoying enough, when it goes in for service next, I will ask the dealer to check it out.
Old 08-03-2015, 12:56 AM

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Two Week Old Screw Sport with Creaking Leaf Spring

The plastic piece on my leaf spring broke. Either it was broken when I bought it, or it broke within the first two months. That was a pain in the butt to get them to fix it. First, they ordered the wrong parts (because they didn't know what they were actually ordering), then the next guy who "took care of me" didn't actually order the part, only said he did. Finally we got the manager involved, and the part was ordered. Guess what was broken on delivery? Yup. The exact part we needed (which you had to order the full leaf spring). They finally overnighted the right, undamaged piece, and got my truck fixed.
Old 08-03-2015, 03:49 AM

Received 16 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by gm125800
Haven't been on here for awhile, previously had a 2011 EB Screw which i traded in last year. Took delivery of a 2015 Screw Sport on the 22nd of July. Everything works great, just adjusting from previously owning a Ram. Today while going through the common speed bumps, I started hearing some "creaking" or popping under the vehicle. I'm automatically assuming it's a leaf spring issue since I had the same thing happen to me on a two week old truck back in 2011. Am I the only one going through this or is this failrly common? The truck appears to have been a 12/14 dated vehicle. I'm assuming it's been sitting on the lot for a few months before i took delivery. I appreciate the help.
2015 Tuxedo Black Screw XLT Sport 5.0
I wonder if mine has the same problem...just got back from a camping trip and as I was unloading the bed I noticed every time I'd hop in and out of the truck bed it was making a squeaking noise. I'm thinking it might be q squeaky shock? Or the lead spring is bad like you said...curious to see who else has had problems like this.
Old 08-03-2015, 12:35 PM

Received 49 Likes on 43 Posts

My leaf springs moan and squeak pretty bad, its the loudest, bed riding truck I've ever had. Hard to explain. It doesn't bother too bad, but it is annoying.
Old 08-03-2015, 12:48 PM
F250>F150

Received 917 Likes on 483 Posts

I haven't noticed it on mine so I'm assuming it's fine. I did have a 08' Tacoma prior to this truck and I had the same issue with the rear driver's side leaf spring. I could recreate the sound just by leaning on the right side with some weight. I'm not a big guy (6' 190).

They replaced the whole leaf spring after their first attempt at lubing it failed miserably.

Quick Reply: Two Week Old Screw Sport with Creaking Leaf Spring