Topic Sponsor
2015 - 2020 Ford F150 General discussion on the 13th generation Ford F150 truck.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Tuning my 5.0L

Search this Thread

Old 08-16-2015, 10:22 AM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Default Tuning my 5.0L

So I had absolutely no idea this was even an option until I came across a few of you talking about it in a wheel thread. I did some research and came across 5 star tuning. I'm all about improving the performance of my truck right now... much more so over aesthetics (for the moment), and so this has peaked my interest. Where would I get something like this done, and is there a significant improvement in performance vs cost? I can't find costs anywhere either, so I'm curious what you guys have spent.
Old 08-16-2015, 10:31 AM
PPPPPuppy Power

Received 887 Likes on 653 Posts

Default Tuning my 5.0L

You can buy direct from the tuner, or a reseller as well.

I would contact them and they can answer any questions you may have.

As a side note, using a tuner may void your power train warranty. (Engine trans, diff, etc)
Old 08-16-2015, 10:36 AM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Scrappy Doo
As a side note, using a tuner may void your power train warranty. (Engine trans, diff, etc)
I was afraid of that. Has anyone had any direct experience with warranty issues with their tuning? From what I read on another forum, the dealership viewed it like aftermarket cai and exhaust, as long as it wasn't proven to lead to the warranty issue, it would be fine. In a case like this, I'd most likely go to the dealer to do it (if that's even an option...I'm still not 100% certain I understand the process).
Old 08-16-2015, 12:55 PM

Received 57 Likes on 43 Posts

I believe stage3motorsports offers their own warranty if it's decided the tuner is directly responsible for said damage

Quick Reply: Tuning my 5.0L