Topic Sponsor
2015 - 2020 Ford F150 General discussion on the 13th generation Ford F150 truck.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Tow mirrors and daily driving opinions

Old 11-29-2015, 08:34 AM

Received 79 Likes on 54 Posts
Default Tow mirrors and daily driving opinions

Looking for opinions from those with tow mirrors in regards to how they function during daily driving. I would of course assume that when towing they function great and your happy to have them when doing so.

I will be towing my bass boat on occasion but not enough in my opinion to warrant having tow mirrors specifically for that purpose alone. I simply like the look of them and I would think that the function of a mirror for daily driving would be superior to the standard mirrors. What I don't know is how they function with the truck in its surroundings during daily driving. I guess the number one thing that comes to mind is parking. But there are probably other things I am overlooking. So I would welcome your opinions on how they function for daily driving and if you regret getting them or not. Thanks!

Last edited by golfproatl; 11-29-2015 at 09:23 AM.
Old 11-29-2015, 09:12 AM

Received 86 Likes on 66 Posts

I love them. Hated to spend so much on them but worth every penny. I came from a 2013 focus to a 2015 Screw with 6.5 bed. The truck is so much longer and has a lot wider turning radius so i knew they would help a lot. They are a tremendous help parking and changing lanes on the interstate. You can see a lot wider view from them than the standard mirrors. They are worth it in my opinion. I rarely tow so i got mine for everyday driving and love them
The following 2 users liked this post by 15guardxlt:
Dyno Rat (10-16-2016), golfproatl (11-29-2015)
Old 11-29-2015, 09:59 AM

Received 312 Likes on 227 Posts

Well I'm going to say I hate them. I know that's blasphemy on here but whatever. For daily driving I think they suck. When I'm going down county two lane roads I have to fold them in. When going down a 2 way city street with cars parked on the sides, same deal. If they were about 3" shorter in the unextended position they would be great. My wife doesn't even want to drive the truck because she's not confident she can remember to fold them in seamlessly. I don't blame her. They're great for towing but not everyday driving IMO. However I will have the minority opinion on here so take it for what it's worth.
The following users liked this post:
kendive (11-29-2015)
Old 11-29-2015, 10:03 AM
WindowGuy

Received 153 Likes on 135 Posts

I bought them because I tow and the stock mirrors suck. They do help towing a lot, but seeing how they work. I'd buy them if I didn't tow. Because the mirros sit out farther they give you a better angle on the view behind you. You can see more of whats behind the truck. The lower convex mirros help in 2 ways. First, you can see the side of the truck clear down to the ground. This helps a lot when backing. The other thing they do is completely eliminate the blind spots. You can see any vehicles beside you on both sides.

They are bigger and sit out farther, but I got used to that pretty fast. I was concerned about hitting stuff with the extra width, but so far that hasn't been an issue. I have an STX, so I gained puddle lights and heated mirrors, which are nice. Power fold would really be nice. I don't have a garage, so I didn't want to spend the time or money to add that. Power extension doesn't really seem necessary, but would be OK
The following users liked this post:
golfproatl (11-29-2015)
Old 11-29-2015, 10:06 AM
Beer Gut Extraordinaire

Received 2,102 Likes on 1,317 Posts

I will never own a pickup without them again. Towing, daily driving, visual appearance, they are unbelievable. I do a lot of downtown driving to meet clients and park in a parkade at home and I have never had a problem. I had to fold them in once when I was in a narrow tunnel against another f150 with tow mirrors.

You can see everything with them. No blind spots. I think the regular mirrors on the new F150 are weird looking anyway!

Tow mirrors and daily driving opinions-photo265.jpg
The following 3 users liked this post by HCFX2013:
baylorfan05 (11-30-2015), bordercollie 3 (10-15-2016), golfproatl (11-29-2015)
Old 11-29-2015, 10:15 AM

Received 86 Likes on 66 Posts

Originally Posted by KYBuckeye
Well I'm going to say I hate them. I know that's blasphemy on here but whatever. For daily driving I think they suck. When I'm going down county two lane roads I have to fold them in. When going down a 2 way city street with cars parked on the sides, same deal. If they were about 3" shorter in the unextended position they would be great. My wife doesn't even want to drive the truck because she's not confident she can remember to fold them in seamlessly. I don't blame her. They're great for towing but not everyday driving IMO. However I will have the minority opinion on here so take it for what it's worth.
Dont know if you are interested but i have my regualar mirrors for sale and you could probably sell the tow mirrors and make some money.
Old 11-29-2015, 10:25 AM

Received 79 Likes on 54 Posts

Originally Posted by KYBuckeye
Thanks for your input. I can understand the city streets with cars on both sides. That won't effect me. But the country 2 lane roads? Are you talking a standard two lane paved road or a dirt/gravel rural one?
Old 11-29-2015, 10:50 AM

Received 88 Likes on 66 Posts

Love mine. The convex mirror is amazing. I have the 157" wb and being able to see my rear tires when backing into a tight area is invaluable.

I find that I rarely use the upper mirror anymore.
Old 11-29-2015, 10:51 AM

Received 98 Likes on 69 Posts

I have them and would not have it any other way. As was mentioned, I also have the 6.5' box and they really help for around corners, etc.
Old 11-29-2015, 11:08 AM

Received 237 Likes on 165 Posts

Great thread. I ordered mine with tow mirrors and am still on the fence. I'm wondering what they'll look like. Being on here I know they are pricey afterwards so I figured I'd get them knowing I could sell them if I changed my mind. I live in SoCal so it will be nice on the freeways and safer with my kids in the truck. I plan on a small leveling kit and 33" tires so the tow mirrors will help complete the look to.

I wouldn't get them if I didn't have a lariat with power fold though.

Can you guys post more pics with your post. Perhaps some in parking Lots or others that add some perspective?

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Tow mirrors and daily driving opinions