Topic Sponsor
2015 - 2020 Ford F150 General discussion on the 13th generation Ford F150 truck.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Touch screen interface ?

Search this Thread

Old 10-30-2014, 04:58 PM

Received 8 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Touch screen interface ?

Does anyone have information or insight into the touch screen on the '15? The reason I ask is that my Wife's Edge has the touch screen and I hate it. It's slow, cumbersome and difficult to navigate while driving. If Ford hasn't changed it in the new F150 then I'm going to stick with regular 'ol buttons!
Old 10-30-2014, 05:10 PM

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Pretty sure it's the same unit. My wife has it in her edge as well and I have no complaints. I heard a lot of people don't like the Myford touch system but I dont see why? We have never had one issue with it and my wife loves it cause she figured it out herself!
Old 10-30-2014, 05:24 PM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I have it in a Fusion and I like it. It allows a lot of detail adjustments with visual confirmation. But when driving, I try to use the buttons on the steering wheel as much as possible, because it is almost impossible to use the touchscreen without running over some pedestrian.

Ford is aware of the issues people have had, and have added hard buttons to many functions. For me, it's not make or break, as the rest of the truck is so nice and I can work around it.
Old 10-30-2014, 09:51 PM

Received 25 Likes on 22 Posts

The main thing that annoys me about the interior controls is the recirculation button. For some reason it turns itself off randomly and traffic fumes come in during commute. Drives me crazy!

If new F150 allows this button to stay on then I am sold! Well also waiting for the 10sp tranny.

Quick Reply: Touch screen interface ?