Topic Sponsor
2015 - 2020 Ford F150 General discussion on the 13th generation Ford F150 truck.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Talked my buddy (Long time GM guy) into an F-150 and then this happens

Search this Thread

Old 10-23-2015, 08:17 PM

Received 135 Likes on 51 Posts
Default Talked my buddy (Long time GM guy) into an F-150 and then this happens

600 miles on it. 3.5 Ecoboost SCREW 4x4. They think it's an injector.

He said, rough idle, no power, check engine light.

12K on mine with no issues.
Old 10-23-2015, 08:19 PM
RVJ

Received 60 Likes on 35 Posts

You mean X-buddy, don't you?
Old 10-23-2015, 08:20 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by nhammer

600 miles on it. 3.5 Ecoboost SCREW 4x4. They think it's an injector.

He said, rough idle, no power, check engine light.

12K on mine with no issues.
ouch !!! He is probably cursing you
Old 10-23-2015, 08:21 PM

Received 135 Likes on 51 Posts

Originally Posted by RVJ
You mean X-buddy, don't you?
Fortunately he understands I didn't build it. I sure hope this is the only issue he has with it.
Old 10-23-2015, 08:29 PM

Received 117 Likes on 86 Posts

It sure is a pretty truck. Sorry to hear of the problem. Take it as a good luck omen, once fixed it will run for ....""miles and miles". I bought a used chevy truck from the local dealer and had so many problems I traded up for a brand new one..... six years later the driver's door hinges rusted through and door fell off onto the snow. I drive Fords now...
Old 10-23-2015, 08:34 PM

Received 73 Likes on 51 Posts

At least it looked nice going on the flatbed
Old 10-23-2015, 08:42 PM

Received 33 Likes on 29 Posts

In the same boat talked my dad into a Ford for the first time in 10+ years since his last bad experience. As well as his first truck, will see how this goes. Hope his truck is an easy fix and doesn't have to wait long.
Old 10-23-2015, 08:50 PM

Received 112 Likes on 81 Posts

What was the saying? Friends don't let friends buy Fords?? 😀
The following 3 users liked this post by Scotsskier:
kendive (10-23-2015), poccnr (10-24-2015), RVJ (10-24-2015)
Old 10-23-2015, 08:55 PM

Received 1,585 Likes on 950 Posts

Not that this helps, but, I think that's the first black sport I've seen....looks really nice! I'm sure once it's fixed up, you'll be buds again....even broken, it's better than any Chevy! ;-)
The following users liked this post:
nhammer (11-06-2015)
Old 10-23-2015, 08:59 PM

Received 2,548 Likes on 1,345 Posts

My uncle had never wanted to drive a Ford really despite me being such a huge fan. He really liked the newest model Focus though and after me helping him negotiate and him trading in his super unreliable, oil leaking, PITA, Mini Cooper, he drove out with a super nice Focus with manual transmission but all the other creature comforts (Nav, heated seats, etc), I was in love with that car even, not often you can get a manual and the goodies without looking at a performance/luxury vehicle.

Anyway, he got it home and found that none of the interior lights works, no dash lights, nothing.

So kind of sucks, not a good start, but takes it in and they give him a loaner and they have it for a week or so and find the problem. During manufacturing when someone was installing the headliner they pinched a couple of the power supply wires for the lights and it caused a short which was blowing fuses every time they put in a new one. They fix that problem, reinstall the headliner, and call him to pick it up.

The guy that was working on the car and reinstalled the headliner must have just finished doing 25 oil changes because the headliner looked like a crime scene. It was more black than tan.

So he has to take it back, and they try to clean it but can't and have to order a whole new one. Focus was in the shop for two-three weeks, I forget now.

Great start! I went in as I referred him to that dealer and had bought all my cars from them and flat out told them they needed to make this right because it was his first Ford ever, and he just came out of a problem vehicle.

Well they did right by him, gave him some free oil changes and didn't charge for the loaner vehicle, I think he got some free car washes too.

He never had another problem with the Focus and after that was able to get back to loving the car. He recently traded it in and got an Escape, which has so far been perfect.

Anyway, long story, but hopefully your buddy will come to the same place in the end.

Quick Reply: Talked my buddy (Long time GM guy) into an F-150 and then this happens