Topic Sponsor
2015 - 2020 Ford F150 General discussion on the 13th generation Ford F150 truck.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

SYNC3 AppLink - Not working w/ iPhone

Search this Thread

Old 04-07-2016, 07:20 PM

Received 10 Likes on 2 Posts
Default SYNC3 AppLink - Not working w/ iPhone

Hi Guys,

I just get a new F150 with SYNC3. I can't get the AppLink to work with my iPhone 6 with IOS 9.3. I understand the iPhone must be connected via USB. I made sure everything is enabled in the SYNC3 settings.

Anyone else having this issue? I am guessing its an iPhone update incompatibility issue or something.

Also, anyone know the ETA for the update that will provide CarPlay?

Thanks
Mark M.
Old 04-07-2016, 07:28 PM

Received 53 Likes on 39 Posts

ETA for CarPlay update unknown. Ford has said "by the end of 2016."

You must ensure that the applications you're trying to run are AppLink enabled/compatible.
It's a small list, but Pandora and AccuWeather and a couple of others, are AppLink enabled.
They also must be launched and running in the background.

Edit: congratulations on your new truck :-)
Old 04-07-2016, 07:34 PM

Originally Posted by Chipster
ETA for CarPlay update unknown. Ford has said "by the end of 2016."

You must ensure that the applications you're trying to run are AppLink enabled/compatible.
It's a small list, but Pandora and AccuWeather and a couple of others, are AppLink enabled.
They also must be launched and running in the background.

Edit: congratulations on your new truck :-)

Thanks for your response. Pandora is actually the one I am trying to get working. I made sure it was running on the phone, connected via usb, and applink enabled in SYNC. It doesn't find any available apps for some reason. Some said the phone must be locked, but that didn't help either.
Old 04-07-2016, 07:36 PM

If you go into your Sync3 settings, ensure that you gave permission to all apps/enabled all apps.

If I recall correctly, that was my initial issue when I purchased my 2016.

Edit: @FordIVTteam, can you help this individual in the event my suggestions don't work? Thanks.
Old 04-07-2016, 07:39 PM

If you go into your Sync3 settings, ensure that you gave permission to all apps/enabled all apps.

If I recall correctly, that was my initial issue when I purchased my 2016.

Edit: @FordIVTteam, can you help this individual in the event my suggestions don't work? Thanks.
Yeah, I tried to grant permission to all (ENABLE ALL). Frustrating.
Old 04-07-2016, 07:42 PM

Oh man that is frustrating. I'm really sorry.

FordIVTteam is the group responsible for the in-vehicle entertainment system, and they frequent the forum (very often). They are incredibly responsive to posts and messages, and I'm confident they will see your post and help out.

Took me a few tries to get everything working as well, but they guided me in all the right directions.

OT: I recall that you're the owner of that new Shelby F-150. Totally makes my truck feeble that is one sick truck. In my dreams!
Old 04-07-2016, 07:51 PM

Oh man that is frustrating. I'm really sorry.

FordIVTteam is the group responsible for the in-vehicle entertainment system, and they frequent the forum (very often). They are incredibly responsive to posts and messages, and I'm confident they will see your post and help out.

Took me a few tries to get everything working as well, but they guided me in all the right directions.

OT: I recall that you're the owner of that new Shelby F-150. Totally makes my truck feeble that is one sick truck. In my dreams!
Great I will keep an eye out for FordIVTteam. Hopefully they can help.

And thanks for the compliment on the Shelby. My wife picked it out...which made it that much harder to resist. Even without the Shelby enhancements, we are overall impressed with the F150. Great truck...
Old 04-07-2016, 09:28 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

My iPhone doesn't work with the applink either. I have pandora and Iheart radio. It says it's updating and will sit there for 30 min and not do a thing....... Hope ford gets this resolved. It's not a necessity but if it's a feature you paid for it should at least work
Old 04-07-2016, 09:40 PM

Received 14 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by Luke7750
My iPhone doesn't work with the applink either. I have pandora and Iheart radio. It says it's updating and will sit there for 30 min and not do a thing....... Hope ford gets this resolved. It's not a necessity but if it's a feature you paid for it should at least work
I have the same problem with my iPhone
Old 04-07-2016, 10:43 PM

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

Mine seemed to happen when the iOS 9.3 was released, no issues when was running on beta iOS.

Can those having issues confirm what iOS version they are on?

Quick Reply: SYNC3 AppLink - Not working w/ iPhone