Topic Sponsor
2015 - 2020 Ford F150 General discussion on the 13th generation Ford F150 truck.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Sync won't connect media from phone/tablet - hard reset on whole truck to fix

Search this Thread

Old 08-07-2015, 10:27 AM

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Default Sync won't connect media from phone/tablet - hard reset on whole truck to fix

Pair phone and use to stream audio. Had this feature working fine.

Drove to Charlotte and left it at the airport for ten days.

On the way home it wouldn't work no matter what we tried. Tried my S5 and wifey's iPhone 6. Both paired fine, but would not connect to the media side. Phone audio worked as it should, but no media audio.

Even deleted and re-paired the phones. Nothing we tried worked.

Bizzare.

Finally yesterday I took it in for her and had them change oil and do some other service stuff.

The dealer couldn't get it to work either. Even tried it with his personal phone. No dice.

Software was reported to be up to date, but nothing would fix it. Finally the tech did a hard reset on the whole truck (ugh) and this worked.

Wondering how often this is going to crop up.

Anyone else have this problem? Did you find a resolution other than resetting the truck?

Truck is a loaded to the gills Lariat, 5.0, 4x4, screw
Old 08-07-2015, 01:39 PM
Ford Customer Service

Received 315 Likes on 196 Posts

Originally Posted by TrickTruck
Pair phone and use to stream audio. Had this feature working fine.

Drove to Charlotte and left it at the airport for ten days.

On the way home it wouldn't work no matter what we tried. Tried my S5 and wifey's iPhone 6. Both paired fine, but would not connect to the media side. Phone audio worked as it should, but no media audio.

Even deleted and re-paired the phones. Nothing we tried worked.

Bizzare.

Finally yesterday I took it in for her and had them change oil and do some other service stuff.

The dealer couldn't get it to work either. Even tried it with his personal phone. No dice.

Software was reported to be up to date, but nothing would fix it. Finally the tech did a hard reset on the whole truck (ugh) and this worked.

Wondering how often this is going to crop up.

Anyone else have this problem? Did you find a resolution other than resetting the truck?

Truck is a loaded to the gills Lariat, 5.0, 4x4, screw
Hi TrickTruck,

Glad everything is working again. Sounds like a minor glitch. I'm here if you experience any other issues with SYNC.

Shaay
Old 09-09-2015, 05:20 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Mine is doing the same exact thing it seems. Worked fine the first 3 months or so and no will not connect the BT audio on my phone even though everything else on the phone is connected. Any other fix besides a hard reset?
Old 09-09-2015, 05:32 PM

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Mine was having issues connecting to my phone, just wouldn't pair with my phone unless I stop and shut the truck off and restarted. I know that it is slightly different than the issue you had, but they also did a hard reset and I have had no issues.
Old 09-09-2015, 05:55 PM
Ford Customer Service

Originally Posted by CFA24
Mine is doing the same exact thing it seems. Worked fine the first 3 months or so and no will not connect the BT audio on my phone even though everything else on the phone is connected. Any other fix besides a hard reset?
Hi CFA24,

I responded to your post here: https://www.f150forum.com/f2/15-blue...2/#post4324254 Check it out.

Shaay
Old 09-10-2015, 08:41 AM

I know I have reset my phone since this issue has been occurring. I will try that again while in the truck today. If that doesn't work, I guess I will reset the truck and have the pain of going through all the setting again.
Old 01-01-2017, 01:12 PM

Originally Posted by FordIVTteam
Hi TrickTruck,

Glad everything is working again. Sounds like a minor glitch. I'm here if you experience any other issues with SYNC.

Shaay
Do you still deal with sync issues? I'm having the same problem and a hard reset didn't work either. Connected to phone settings but none of the media functions. Any other tips would be awesome

KR150
Old 01-01-2017, 01:35 PM

Received 117 Likes on 32 Posts

I am having a similar issue. I can place calls and texts with come through just fine but when I try to connect to Spotify, no dice. It is starting to get pretty irritating. 2 month old truck...
Old 01-03-2017, 01:54 PM
Ford Customer Service

Originally Posted by King_RanchF150
Do you still deal with sync issues? I'm having the same problem and a hard reset didn't work either. Connected to phone settings but none of the media functions. Any other tips would be awesome

KR150
Hi KR150,

If you've reset SYNC and are still experiencing issues, a visit to the dealer is needed. You've done all that you can on your own. Keep me in the loop.

Originally Posted by Saleendude07
I am having a similar issue. I can place calls and texts with come through just fine but when I try to connect to Spotify, no dice. It is starting to get pretty irritating. 2 month old truck...
Saleendude07,

Are you trying to use Bluetooth Audio to stream Spotify?

Shaay
Old 01-04-2017, 09:50 AM

Received 117 Likes on 32 Posts

Originally Posted by FordIVTteam
Hi KR150,

If you've reset SYNC and are still experiencing issues, a visit to the dealer is needed. You've done all that you can on your own. Keep me in the loop.

Saleendude07,

Are you trying to use Bluetooth Audio to stream Spotify?

Shaay
No, I have my phone plugged into the USB port.

Quick Reply: Sync won't connect media from phone/tablet - hard reset on whole truck to fix