Topic Sponsor
2015 - 2020 Ford F150 General discussion on the 13th generation Ford F150 truck.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Sync Screen and 4wd Issue

Search this Thread

Old 06-27-2015, 06:44 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Sync Screen and 4wd Issue

Got a new 2015 Lariat FX4 less than 30 days ago. I am having a few issues, and have scheduled an appointment on Tuesday with my dealer, but seeing if anybody else has had any issues..

1. Every afternoon when we get into the vehicle and the temp is 85 or higher outside, when we turn on the truck, our Sync Screen stays black until it appears that it cools down, and then it tells us that it is rebooting the Sync, and then eventually comes back on.

2. When driving around 45 - 55 mph, occasionally we hear a "grinding" noise . We took it in, and our dealer hears it too, but haven't pinpointed the issue it, although they also told us that our 4wd is non functional at this point. This will be addressed on Tuesday too.

Anybody else having any issue?
Old 06-29-2015, 02:28 PM
Ford Customer Service

Received 315 Likes on 196 Posts

Originally Posted by djayh20
Got a new 2015 Lariat FX4 less than 30 days ago. I am having a few issues, and have scheduled an appointment on Tuesday with my dealer, but seeing if anybody else has had any issues..

1. Every afternoon when we get into the vehicle and the temp is 85 or higher outside, when we turn on the truck, our Sync Screen stays black until it appears that it cools down, and then it tells us that it is rebooting the Sync, and then eventually comes back on.

2. When driving around 45 - 55 mph, occasionally we hear a "grinding" noise . We took it in, and our dealer hears it too, but haven't pinpointed the issue it, although they also told us that our 4wd is non functional at this point. This will be addressed on Tuesday too.

Anybody else having any issue?
djayh20,

I can help with the SYNC issue. Does your vehicle have the MyFord Touch? If so, I'd suggest trying a master reset: http://owner.ford.com/sync-technolog...c-myford-touch

You can also check for updates in your Owner account: https://owner.ford.com/tools/account...p-to-date.html Select REGISTER if you need to create an account.

Keep me posted.

Shaay
Old 06-29-2015, 11:09 PM

Received 79 Likes on 44 Posts

master reset doesnt seem to do much. i tried this as my sync wont stop "performing scheduled system maintenance" all it did was clear my stations and background. it didnt even reset the audio setting
Old 06-30-2015, 08:19 AM

Received 54 Likes on 46 Posts

I tell ya if u could change one thing about ford it would be to rid themselves of this sync crap!! Go with u connect way way better
Old 06-30-2015, 02:09 PM
Ford Customer Service

Originally Posted by gentz002
master reset doesnt seem to do much. i tried this as my sync wont stop "performing scheduled system maintenance" all it did was clear my stations and background. it didnt even reset the audio setting
gentz002,

I'd recommend that you check for updates using the information I posted above. The system is supposed to go through scheduled maintenance, but it should not happen too often. If you're software is current, I'd suggest working with the dealer.

Keep me posted.

Shaay
Old 06-30-2015, 08:38 PM

Received 79 Likes on 44 Posts

the truck is 3 months old. i called the ford tech support who walked me through a master reset and check system update none of which did anything. i dropped the truck off at the dealer today to have them look at it. the tech on the phone said something about reflashing it??
Old 07-01-2015, 02:47 PM
Ford Customer Service

Originally Posted by gentz002
the truck is 3 months old. i called the ford tech support who walked me through a master reset and check system update none of which did anything. i dropped the truck off at the dealer today to have them look at it. the tech on the phone said something about reflashing it??
gentz002,

Sounds like they are reflashing/reprogramming the SYNC module. That typically fix most issues.

Let me know how it goes.

Shaay

Quick Reply: Sync Screen and 4wd Issue