Topic Sponsor
2015 - 2020 Ford F150 General discussion on the 13th generation Ford F150 truck.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Sync 3 Issue - Audio

Search this Thread

Old 10-14-2016, 06:59 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Sync 3 Issue - Audio

Since purchasing our 2016 Ford F150 Lariat FX4 we have loved every second of that truck. We only have two concerns right now (no complaints) and one is the Sync 3 issue that we have been having. The issue occurs sporadically whenever we will start the truck up (either remotely or push-to-start), but we would not have any audio control or reception. The touch screen will not allow me to change anything (just audio), the power button is non-functioning, and occasionally it would only pick up an FM station or just static. All other functions of Sync and on the touch screen will work. When this happens it makes for a very quiet ride unless I roll the windows down or I have all three of my children in the truck competing for who can be the loudest! The first issue happened less than two weeks after getting the truck from the dealer. A week later I had it checked by the service department and they were just as confused. Because I had done a master reset prior to bringing it in, the technician said that he could not pull up any error message. They currently have an open ticket and I have been told not to master reset it again until they get something from Ford or an update. Its been four months now with nothing from the dealer or Ford! Anyone else having this issue with their Sync 3?
Old 10-17-2016, 11:00 AM
Ford Customer Service

Received 315 Likes on 196 Posts

Hi taotaomona77,

Do you also have reception issues with Sirius when this occurs? Get back to me when you get a chance.

Shaay
Old 10-17-2016, 11:36 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by FordIVTteam
Hi taotaomona77,

Do you also have reception issues with Sirius when this occurs? Get back to me when you get a chance.

Shaay
When this issue occurs, I get nothing but static or regular radio stations (AM or FM). Everything else like navigation,, climate control, etc., works fine.

Quick Reply: Sync 3 Issue - Audio