Topic Sponsor
2015 - 2020 Ford F150 General discussion on the 13th generation Ford F150 truck.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Stock UCA's with Boss kit

Search this Thread

Old 11-15-2015, 09:43 PM

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Stock UCA's with Boss kit

I had the Boss ultimate kit installed this weekend. I noticed that when I turn the wheels all the way to the right or all the way to the left, the front end seems like it gets pulled down, like a lot. Could this be attributed to the stock UCA's? I've also noticed a faint creaking sound on some smaller bumps... I maybe thought that could be the UCA's as well? I would appreciate some insight if you have experienced any of this!

(2'' blocks, front end about 1/4'' lower than rear)

Thanks!!
Old 11-15-2015, 09:52 PM

Received 75 Likes on 59 Posts

My experience to get a proper ride and alignment UCA's are needed. I ran them on my last truck, I installed the lift and it took me a week to order UCA's. How high did you go and did you get an alignment?
Old 11-15-2015, 09:58 PM

Received 23 Likes on 16 Posts

I have the boss coilovers and using Camburg uca kit. Initially, I was running a 2.5 AS level stock uca. The truck dipped as much on wheel lock with the level as it does with the boss's. The design of the truck is like that, I don't know the reason, but the tech doing my alignment both times said he has never seen a truck dip that much at lock.

Last edited by Mtek; 11-15-2015 at 10:06 PM.
Old 11-15-2015, 10:04 PM

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

I did have it aligned, and it was installed by a knowledgeable tech. I honestly can't tell you how high I went. I will have to take more measurements but I know there is about a 1/4 inch of rake with the 2" rear blocks and shocks... the front end dips a lot on full lock, it freaked me out actually.
Old 11-15-2015, 10:42 PM

Received 75 Likes on 59 Posts

I believe the boss's maximum lift is 3" you might need to call the seller you purchased them from to see what they were set at. They might have been set at the maximum height of 3" or maybe 2.5". From what I have read 2" and under you can get away without UCA's and over 2" its a good idea. I watched a video with a mechanical engineer and he said turning left or right is lifting and lowering the vehicle. This is probably what you are experiencing, maybe a little more pronounced due to the lift.

If it drives fine give it a few weeks and see if you notice anything. The reason for my UCA purchase was needing more camber. After I had it aligned I was having to make constant little corrections on the highway. It was like it had a hard time going straight. After UCA's it was perfect.

Watch the video at 10:20 to 10:45 he talks about this. The whole video is pretty good.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x0oi...channel=/DRIVE

Quick Reply: Stock UCA's with Boss kit