Topic Sponsor
2015 - 2020 Ford F150 General discussion on the 13th generation Ford F150 truck.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

So i Upgraded My $25 Amazon LED Fogs

Old 01-31-2016, 01:13 AM

Received 17 Likes on 13 Posts
Default So i Upgraded My $25 Amazon LED Fogs

So like most people one here on of the First things i did to my Truck was add the LED fog light from Amazon that have been recommended by those with the LED headlights.
http://amzn.com/B00N6D7K38 700Lm

Now i don't have the LEDs headlights only the 501a package, so I also up graded my halogens lows with these http://amzn.com/B00X74Y7VO and HIs to these http://amzn.com/B00X74YAJI the XD knock off Phillips Chips

Well after I did that I have been noticing, just how poor the light output on the $25 bulbs are, and wanted something brighter that would fill in the shadows from my new LED low beams. I did a bunch of looking around and decided I liked the Diode Dynamics (XML2) at 1400Lm per side that claim to have twice the output of the $25 ones but i did not really want to drop another $120 on LED bulbs. so I checked around a bit and found these http://amzn.com/B00K6197VG

For $70 and free next day shipping (I'm a Prime member) I thought I would give them a shot.

Last edited by BlueZead; 01-31-2016 at 01:30 AM.
The following 2 users liked this post by BlueZead:
nardog (02-03-2016), piercedtiger (01-31-2016)
Old 01-31-2016, 01:23 AM

They Fit fine with very little effort, i went through the wheel well. The passenger popped right in to place but i had to play with the Drivers side to get it in (its my Fog light and not the Bulbs issue).

but WOW the difference in amazing! its like having a 2nd set of headlights, even have a clear beam pattern like the low beams do (and not scattered all over the place). I have not had a chance to drive it yet but just in my Drive way and shining on my garage door its a huge improvement

$25 on the left DD knock off on the right

new

old almost drowned out by my garage light

side by side
Old 01-31-2016, 01:24 AM

Received 21 Likes on 15 Posts

Excited to the finished project. Make sure to take some shots with one side halogen and other with lights installed. Also, so night shots in various modes.

Guess we literally hit post at the same time!

Last edited by JOAT79; 01-31-2016 at 01:26 AM. Reason: OP had quicker Kung Fu
Old 01-31-2016, 01:27 AM

Received 52 Likes on 43 Posts

I ditched my LED fogs and went with the Sylvania Silverstar halogens and never looked back. LEDs in a halogen housing disperses light too much, so less of the light actually hits the road. This is why the tree tops light up when you turn on your LED lights.

Just wait until the fog hits...you won't be seeing much.
Old 01-31-2016, 01:53 AM

Originally Posted by Troponin
I ditched my LED fogs and went with the Sylvania Silverstar halogens and never looked back. LEDs in a halogen housing disperses light too much, so less of the light actually hits the road. This is why the tree tops light up when you turn on your LED lights.

Just wait until the fog hits...you won't be seeing much.
I swapped out my Halogens pretty soon after getting the truck, but i can total see an improvement, i might be getting less light focused on the road but the Quality of the Light (6000K white) makes every thing reflect and stand out better and overall visibility is much, much improved. the new style LED replacement bulbs are designed to mimic the light output of a halogen bulb so they are not as bad in scattering the light as they use to be. i only light up the tree top when i hit the Hi Beams lol

Your probably right about the fog, the yellow light of the Halogens would cut through the fog better.
Old 01-31-2016, 02:12 AM

i just had to go out and snap a few Real World pics lol

Just the new fogs light pattern

just Low beam light pattern

both on backed up a bit

Just Low on

Lows and Fogs

Hi beams
The following 2 users liked this post by BlueZead:
BugsRucker (01-31-2016), PARIAH (02-03-2016)
Old 01-31-2016, 02:51 AM

Received 704 Likes on 546 Posts

LED cooling fans, how are they gonna work on cold or wet weather
Old 01-31-2016, 08:54 AM

Received 33 Likes on 23 Posts

Originally Posted by caperj
Have this style LED in my sled, they work great at cold temps, realistically the bulbs don't get very warm though so the fans aren't really necessary, if one quits working it's not the end of the world.
Old 01-31-2016, 04:10 PM

Originally Posted by caperj
they are suppose to be waterproof and we don't get much of the white stuff here in TX so i can comment on that (its 75 and sunny today)
Old 01-31-2016, 05:41 PM
Daily Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by BlueZead
i just had to go out and snap a few Real World pics lol

both on backed up a bit

Lows and Fogs
Thanks for the pics. Beam shots look better than I expected. I thought they might light up the entire garage door and all they way too the 'tree tops'. Looks good.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: So i Upgraded My $25 Amazon LED Fogs