Topic Sponsor
2015 - 2020 Ford F150 General discussion on the 13th generation Ford F150 truck.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Should I go ahead and order?

Search this Thread

Old 03-01-2015, 06:25 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Should I go ahead and order?

Basically, I've been waiting forever for the 15 platinum I want and have yet to find it. I don't want much, metallic with brunello interior and the only option I care for is the 3.55 locking rear, maybe the towing package as well (not max tow). Obviously I want a spray in liner but dealer can always add that. I'm trying to decide if I should go ahead and order or just keep waiting. The dealer told me a while back that the wait would be 12 weeks and at the time I figured I would surely find what I wanted before then, but still no luck. What do y'all think?
Old 03-01-2015, 06:28 PM

Received 103 Likes on 58 Posts

Originally Posted by CorvetteGuy
Basically, I've been waiting forever for the 15 platinum I want and have yet to find it. I don't want much, metallic with brunello interior and the only option I care for is the 3.55 locking rear, maybe the towing package as well (not max tow). Obviously I want a spray in liner but dealer can always add that. I'm trying to decide if I should go ahead and order or just keep waiting. The dealer told me a while back that the wait would be 12 weeks and at the time I figured I would surely find what I wanted before then, but still no luck. What do y'all think?
Why not order and get EXACTLY what you want in your truck with nothing more/nothing less?
Old 03-01-2015, 06:36 PM

Received 11 Likes on 4 Posts

order your own! worth the wait
Old 03-01-2015, 06:37 PM

Received 75 Likes on 55 Posts

Where have you been searching, online or local dealers?
Old 03-01-2015, 06:43 PM

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

Most people are being told 8-10 weeks if they order. I believe rebates and incentives will be better then, rather than now. If order, you get exactly what you want or otherwise you may be paying for something you dont want or need. Make your deal now (go for invoice).
I dont see many platinums that dont have multiple options on them sitting on dealer lots.
Old 03-01-2015, 07:30 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Thanks for the info. I really just don't want to wait but guess I may just have to. Ill out in my order tomorrow and I can always cancel if I happen to find it sooner, correct?

Also, does it need to be a certain specification? Such as priority 10 or 20? I remember reading a lot about this way back when people were first ordering
Old 03-01-2015, 07:49 PM

Received 75 Likes on 55 Posts

Dealer assigns priority. Between 10 and 20 for retail orders (yours). Talk to your dealer about their cancellation policy.
Old 03-01-2015, 10:49 PM

Received 98 Likes on 39 Posts

Thanks for the info. I really just don't want to wait but guess I may just have to. Ill out in my order tomorrow and I can always cancel if I happen to find it sooner, correct?

Also, does it need to be a certain specification? Such as priority 10 or 20? I remember reading a lot about this way back when people were first ordering
Also....Make sure you ask the SALES MANAGER or GM(if you can get to him or her) the direct question..."Do you have F150 ALLOCATION available RIGHT NOW FOR MY ORDER?"
And you wanna be sure any allocation positions available haven't been promised to other customer's f150s. IF they can't or won't answer that question...or they try to tell you they don't have allocation now but they should be getting some in a couple of days......RUN away to another dealer. BTW.... don't bother asking a salesperson....they'll always say yes.

Last edited by WhereDey?; 03-01-2015 at 10:52 PM.
Old 03-01-2015, 11:16 PM

Received 58 Likes on 48 Posts

This is a very good point WhereDey mentions. I think that not asking about that is why I've been waiting 6 weeks now with no updates or VIN...
Old 03-01-2015, 11:29 PM

Received 50 Likes on 36 Posts

Order exactly what you want; now.

I'll be doing that tomorrow. I suspect wait will be no more than eight weeks and maybe as few as six. Dealers may say twelve to cover their behinds should actual delivery take longer and that potential may encourage you to buy today.

Also remember that dealers don't just have inventory show up. They have an allocation and provide Ford with a wish list that Ford tries to fulfill based on that allocation. No truck shows up that the dealer didn't order. And since you are after a Platinum with not many options, the dealer may never order what you want as a matter of happenstance.

Place your custom order and start getting excited!

NC

Quick Reply: Should I go ahead and order?