Topic Sponsor
2015 - 2020 Ford F150 General discussion on the 13th generation Ford F150 truck.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Securicode Keypad Correct Code but not working

Search this Thread

Old 11-10-2015, 02:04 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Securicode Keypad Correct Code but not working

First post on the forum... Bought a 2015 Lariat Fx4 last week and absolutely love it. Only issue so far is that the code I was given for the keypad seems to have a problem. At first I thought maybe I had the incorrect factory code card but on the touchscreen in the truck it will let me get to the create a custom code menu option. I will enter the factory code and then it allows me to create a custom code. Obviously, its the correct code because when I tried to enter a different code as the factory one, it wouldn't let me get past that point. Anyways, I'm very frustrated with the keypad issue because I love that feature.

Anytime I go to enter either the custom code or factory code on the keypad all it seems to do is lock the doors when I get to the #7/8 button. Its the weirdest thing. If the truck is unlocked I can lock the truck but pressing the 7/8 and 9/0 buttons together but I have never been able to unlock the truck at all with any code. Any suggestions, much appreciated. Thanks
Old 11-10-2015, 02:38 PM

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by lsu60driver
First post on the forum... Bought a 2015 Lariat Fx4 last week and absolutely love it. Only issue so far is that the code I was given for the keypad seems to have a problem. At first I thought maybe I had the incorrect factory code card but on the touchscreen in the truck it will let me get to the create a custom code menu option. I will enter the factory code and then it allows me to create a custom code. Obviously, its the correct code because when I tried to enter a different code as the factory one, it wouldn't let me get past that point. Anyways, I'm very frustrated with the keypad issue because I love that feature.

Anytime I go to enter either the custom code or factory code on the keypad all it seems to do is lock the doors when I get to the #7/8 button. Its the weirdest thing. If the truck is unlocked I can lock the truck but pressing the 7/8 and 9/0 buttons together but I have never been able to unlock the truck at all with any code. Any suggestions, much appreciated. Thanks
I've noticed that if you are using a code that requires you to press the 7/8 and the 9/0 keys one immediately after the other (and you do it too quickly) the truck can think that you are pressing them at the same time and will lock the doors. This happens to me pretty often when I'm in a hurry. If this is the case for you, I would try punching the code in a bit slower (especially when it comes to the 7/8 and 9/0 keys) and see if that works.
The following users liked this post:
lsu60driver (11-10-2015)
Old 11-10-2015, 02:46 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks, I'll go try that out.

Quick Reply: Securicode Keypad Correct Code but not working