Topic Sponsor
2015 - 2020 Ford F150 General discussion on the 13th generation Ford F150 truck.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Seat back moves by itself

Search this Thread

Old 08-21-2015, 09:58 AM

Received 27 Likes on 21 Posts

Default Seat back moves by itself

Every time I get in the truck and start to drive away I discover my seat back has moved from its set position.
I do have memory seats and it will return to my set position once pushed, but you cant do that while driving and the vehicle has to be in park.
I shut the function off that moves the seats and mirrors away when you get out, so I know its not that.
Anyone else having this issue?
The following users liked this post:
JAL53 (07-03-2017)
Old 08-21-2015, 10:17 AM

Received 1,267 Likes on 843 Posts

Originally Posted by wishiwas
Every time I get in the truck and start to drive away I discover my seat back has moved from its set position.
I do have memory seats and it will return to my set position once pushed, but you cant do that while driving and the vehicle has to be in park.
I shut the function off that moves the seats and mirrors away when you get out, so I know its not that.
Anyone else having this issue?
It appears to be "normal" as many have reported it on the thread about it.
JAL53 (07-03-2017)
Old 08-21-2015, 10:37 AM

Received 241 Likes on 172 Posts

Default Normal, doesn't make it right.

Originally Posted by Livoniabob
It appears to be "normal" as many have reported it on the thread about it.

My truck is set to push back the drivers seat and retract steering wheel on exit., to allow easy exit and entry. After I put key into ignition switch, seat and wheel adjust to preset driving position. That's how it is supposed to work, correctly.
JAL53 (07-03-2017)
Old 08-21-2015, 11:17 AM

Received 67 Likes on 53 Posts

Originally Posted by AbitaPro
My truck is set to push back the drivers seat and retract steering wheel on exit., to allow easy exit and entry. After I put key into ignition switch, seat and wheel adjust to preset driving position. That's how it is supposed to work, correctly.
OP means the normally cooled upper back portion of the seat will yawn (rotate backwards randomly).

Mine does this too (3 times 2200 miles).
JAL53 (07-03-2017)
Old 08-21-2015, 11:22 AM

Received 60 Likes on 44 Posts

Mine has done it too , randomly. Goes to full recline.
JAL53 (07-03-2017)
Old 08-21-2015, 12:09 PM

The function your talking about is called easy exit / enter.
As I mentioned, I have that function off.
JAL53 (07-03-2017)
Old 08-21-2015, 12:12 PM

Received 67 Likes on 53 Posts

wishiwas, just as a note the first time this did this I thought I was high. Then I noticed I "thought" I had leaned on the control on the side of the seat. The third time (Which was a couple days ago again I thought I had done it.

Soo... I'm concerned there is something sensitive here that I may be hitting without knowing it. It happens so random I'm considering this.

Just wanted to add that but can absolutely confirm I've come across this as well.

The dysfunction may be making me think Im doing it so.. not sure here yet.

Takes an awful lot of accidentally touching a control getting out of the truck to find it bent all the way back. I know this isn't helping just wanted you to know what I was experiencing.
JAL53 (07-03-2017)
Old 08-21-2015, 02:33 PM

Received 22 Likes on 17 Posts

The 'other' thread, ...
https://www.f150forum.com/f118/weird...15-xlt-292294/
Old 08-22-2015, 08:13 PM

Received 241 Likes on 172 Posts

Default Functions OFF

Originally Posted by wishiwas
The function your talking about is called easy exit / enter.
As I mentioned, I have that function off.

Off doesn't me a thing in these trucks! My sons truck with his "easy exit / enter" as you call it was switched off, but while driving his seat moved all the way back, on its own without driver input! And it's happened several times and dealer could not find the problem.
Old 08-22-2015, 09:40 PM

Off doesn't me a thing in these trucks! My sons truck with his "easy exit / enter" as you call it was switched off, but while driving his seat moved all the way back, on its own without driver input! And it's happened several times and dealer could not find the problem.

I don't think what your describing has anything to do with easy enter / exit. Does he have telescoping steering wheel and power pedals?
Mine never change when I get in / out with that function turned off. And it I did turn it on, it would do it 100% of the time. This only happens maybe 75% of the time.
The issue I (and others) am having is just the seat back reclining. For me, its only about 4 inches. Sounds like others have it worse.
As I mentioned in that other thread (sorry I didn't know that one existed before I started this one) I personally think its a computer glitch.

Quick Reply: Seat back moves by itself