Topic Sponsor
2015 - 2020 Ford F150 General discussion on the 13th generation Ford F150 truck.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

'Rough Country' Tonneau?

Old 02-12-2016, 08:00 AM

Received 125 Likes on 76 Posts

Default 'Rough Country' Tonneau?

I am looking for a soft, tri-fold tonneau for my 5.5 bed.

Requirements:
  1. Easy to remove when I need to use my entire bed
  2. Not water tight, but keeps water out reasonably and seals pretty good around the edges
  3. Locks with the tailgate
  4. Not a cheap material that will sag and fade from sunlight
  5. tri-folding - I do not want or need a hard cover
  6. Looking to spend $200-$400
I've done a ton of searching on these forums and others, and there a million mixed reviews and opinions. Most of them are on hard folding covers, which I do not want/need.

I saw these 'Rough Country' covers... but I have no been able to find any reviews on them. Good price at $229, but I'm good with paying a little more for a high quality soft cover.

Link:
http://www.roughcountry.com/ford-sof...er-44515c.html

Thoughts?
Or, what are some other suggestions?
I have zero interest in one the rolls or buttons.
Old 02-12-2016, 09:33 AM
nad

Received 225 Likes on 145 Posts

That rough country will be the same as all other cheaper soft tri folds. They can be had for around $200.

In your price range you're not going to hit all the requirements you're wanting unless you buy used. All the cheap covers use a cheaper vinyl that holds a lot of dirt (hard to clean) and will sag/ fade over time.

I would recommend trying to find yourself a used trifecta or bakflip.
Old 02-13-2016, 08:18 PM

Received 125 Likes on 76 Posts

Originally Posted by nad
That rough country will be the same as all other cheaper soft tri folds. They can be had for around $200.

In your price range you're not going to hit all the requirements you're wanting unless you buy used. All the cheap covers use a cheaper vinyl that holds a lot of dirt (hard to clean) and will sag/ fade over time.

I would recommend trying to find yourself a used trifecta or bakflip.
Never heard of trifecta, but I now bakflip are good.
My buddy just got a hard trimfold extant that is nice....

What about the extant soft fold? Is about $400 so I assume is nicer than other soft folds? ...however for that price might as well get a hard fold...

I really don't need anything special, and not sure how bad soft covers start to sag after the years?

I really would rather not spend 700-1000 for a hard fold, but perhaps trying to find a used one would be good... But sure will be hard to find one used...

Blah, I know soft folds are not the best, but for $200... Hmm..

How long to soft covers typically hold up? ...will use 303 aerospace to keep the cover from fading.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: 'Rough Country' Tonneau?