Topic Sponsor
2015 - 2020 Ford F150 General discussion on the 13th generation Ford F150 truck.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Recent SYNC issue

Old 10-28-2015, 11:14 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default Recent SYNC issue

I've done some searching but can't find anything with the particular issue I'm having today. I've got the 15 XLT with MyFord Touch, no nav. Every so often when connected to my iPhone, the music will stop and it will pop up that I'm connected to "My number" until I press the end button on the steering wheel or on screen. It then goes back to Sirius, radio, etc. Not a big issue for me because it only takes a couple of seconds to correct.

Today as soon as I got in my truck and it connected via bluetooth it popped up that I was connected to "My Number" again except this time I could not end it. I pressed end on both the steering wheel and screen and it still stayed connected. Nothing popped up on my phone showing I was on a call or anything but the only way to disconnect was to turn off bluetooth. I did a hard reset between the bluetooth connection on my iPhone and SYNC. As soon as it found the connection again the same message came up (shutting off music) saying it was connected and I couldn't stop it unless I turned off bluetooth once again.

I haven't had this happen before besides what I already said above. Has anyone else had this come up with an iPhone? If so, how did you resolve the problem?
Old 10-28-2015, 11:42 AM

Received 2,547 Likes on 1,344 Posts

Have you recently hit the switch on the iPhone that changes it from silent to audio on? So when you get emails or calls or whatever your iPhone actually dings/rings?

When connected over bluetooth but not set to bluetooth audio, the audio from the phone comes up but it shows like it's connected to a phone call with yourself while it plays the audio.

You would see the same behavior if listening to Sirius and having a navigation app running on the phone, when it calls out street names it shows a Phone Call type screen on MFT.

Try setting your phone to silent and closing all open apps as one of them may be sending audio queues for some reason.
Old 10-28-2015, 12:25 PM

Originally Posted by vulnox
Have you recently hit the switch on the iPhone that changes it from silent to audio on? So when you get emails or calls or whatever your iPhone actually dings/rings?

When connected over bluetooth but not set to bluetooth audio, the audio from the phone comes up but it shows like it's connected to a phone call with yourself while it plays the audio.

You would see the same behavior if listening to Sirius and having a navigation app running on the phone, when it calls out street names it shows a Phone Call type screen on MFT.

Try setting your phone to silent and closing all open apps as one of them may be sending audio queues for some reason.
So I've noticed that it's very random when I have it on vibrate only/ringer on. I know what you mean with the maps app going and connecting as it calls out directions but it doesn't always do it. I've tried switching it up between vibrate/audio on and can't figure out why it only does it sometimes.

This AM when it connected automatically I had the ringer on and then switched to vibrate (which in the past never gave me the connection issue) and it still connected and wouldn't allow me to disconnect.

I'll try to close all apps later and connect to see if something is going on. I know there was an iPhone update yesterday but it didn't give me problems last night.
Old 10-28-2015, 12:42 PM

Received 2,547 Likes on 1,344 Posts

Well then there's only one explanation:

Wish I knew something else to try. I have an iPhone 6+ on the newest version of MFT that just came out. Only odd issue I have run into is some notifications that play audio, like a GPS announcement, will start playing Apple Music automatically after it gives the announcement. But that is because of a "feature" added in iOS 9. Unfortunately it doesn't match up to what you are seeing.

Hope closing the apps and maybe restarting the phone gets you past it.
Old 10-28-2015, 12:44 PM
Ford Customer Service

Received 315 Likes on 196 Posts

Originally Posted by JeremyJamm
So I've noticed that it's very random when I have it on vibrate only/ringer on. I know what you mean with the maps app going and connecting as it calls out directions but it doesn't always do it. I've tried switching it up between vibrate/audio on and can't figure out why it only does it sometimes.

This AM when it connected automatically I had the ringer on and then switched to vibrate (which in the past never gave me the connection issue) and it still connected and wouldn't allow me to disconnect.

I'll try to close all apps later and connect to see if something is going on. I know there was an iPhone update yesterday but it didn't give me problems last night.
Hi JeremyJamm,

Have you tried soft resetting your iPhone? Press and hold the POWER & HOME button. Once you see an apple appear, let go of both buttons and allow the phone to power on. Let me know if this helps.

Shaay
The following users liked this post:
JeremyJamm (10-28-2015)
Old 10-28-2015, 01:46 PM

Originally Posted by vulnox
Well then there's only one explanation:

Wish I knew something else to try. I have an iPhone 6+ on the newest version of MFT that just came out. Only odd issue I have run into is some notifications that play audio, like a GPS announcement, will start playing Apple Music automatically after it gives the announcement. But that is because of a "feature" added in iOS 9. Unfortunately it doesn't match up to what you are seeing.

Hope closing the apps and maybe restarting the phone gets you past it.
Ha yeah I'll try the soft restart and see what happens, thanks for the input!
Old 10-28-2015, 01:56 PM
Worst hairday ever...

Received 253 Likes on 165 Posts

I've done some searching but can't find anything with the particular issue I'm having today. I've got the 15 XLT with MyFord Touch, no nav. Every so often when connected to my iPhone, the music will stop and it will pop up that I'm connected to "My number" until I press the end button on the steering wheel or on screen. It then goes back to Sirius, radio, etc. Not a big issue for me because it only takes a couple of seconds to correct.

Today as soon as I got in my truck and it connected via bluetooth it popped up that I was connected to "My Number" again except this time I could not end it. I pressed end on both the steering wheel and screen and it still stayed connected. Nothing popped up on my phone showing I was on a call or anything but the only way to disconnect was to turn off bluetooth. I did a hard reset between the bluetooth connection on my iPhone and SYNC. As soon as it found the connection again the same message came up (shutting off music) saying it was connected and I couldn't stop it unless I turned off bluetooth once again.

I haven't had this happen before besides what I already said above. Has anyone else had this come up with an iPhone? If so, how did you resolve the problem?
I used to get this if I had my iphone in my back pocket, even with the screen locked. Never figured out why.
Old 10-28-2015, 03:39 PM

Seems that the soft reset has fixed the issue at the time. We'll see if it happens again with connecting to my number. I am going to do the SYNC update later as well, hopefully this mornings issue won't happen again.

Thanks all.
Old 10-28-2015, 10:19 PM
Ford Customer Service

Received 315 Likes on 196 Posts

Seems that the soft reset has fixed the issue at the time. We'll see if it happens again with connecting to my number. I am going to do the SYNC update later as well, hopefully this mornings issue won't happen again.

Thanks all.
JeremyJamm,

Glad everything went well. You know where to find me if you have any other questions.

Shaay

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Recent SYNC issue