Topic Sponsor
2015 - 2020 Ford F150 General discussion on the 13th generation Ford F150 truck.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Rear window leaking

Search this Thread

Old 12-01-2015, 01:49 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Rear window leaking

I accidentally posted this in the general discussion area

I have searched the forum and have found many people are having this problem. I believe I've pinpointed to the top of the back window with power slider under the third break light. Pulled off the third break light and it's nice and dry. The panaramic roof seems to be ok.....for now. I actually had wind noise (as if sucking air in the corner of your mouth) which made me look around and I found a wet headliner all the way at the rear center. Trying to remain calm still having 57k on the note and, haven't had an oil changed yet. We had our first below freezing night this past week and wonder if water that was already hiding in there froze and caused a bigger problem. My question is people who have had the seal replaced, did it remedy the problem? Thanks all

Since I've posted this I've been getting the runaround from the dealership. They can't replicate it. Well, there is a water stain on the headliner where i took a watering can under no pressure and watched water leak in, and took pictures? So frustrating, Especially when they ask you questions like, was the truck parked on an incline. Guess I have to bring survey equipment to parking lots now? Trucks at the dealership now will know more tomorrow. Thanks again.

Last edited by mclaren406; 12-01-2015 at 01:51 AM. Reason: I can't spell good
Old 12-01-2015, 02:17 AM

Pic
Attached Thumbnails Rear window leaking-image.jpeg  
Old 12-02-2015, 09:01 PM

As expected, cancelled all my extended warranties. It's amazing the lack of wanting to make a bad situation right. I guess water damage and photo proof isn't enough.
Attached Thumbnails Rear window leaking-image.jpeg  
Old 12-02-2015, 09:48 PM

Received 100 Likes on 88 Posts

I would ask to talk to the owner. See if he would like to be treated like they are treating you.
Old 12-03-2015, 11:28 AM

Received 352 Likes on 245 Posts

1. Get the service manager involved.

2. Duplicate the water intrusion at the dealership.

3. Contact Ford Corporate and explain the entire situation.

Quick Reply: Rear window leaking