Topic Sponsor
2015 - 2020 Ford F150 General discussion on the 13th generation Ford F150 truck.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Rear seat entertainment ?

Search this Thread

Old 04-26-2015, 06:30 PM

Received 42 Likes on 32 Posts
Default Rear seat entertainment ?

Looking to see if any one has put an overhead dvd console or bought the nextbase headrest type units ford is offering with these trucks. These things are a life saver when on a long haul with the kiddies. Putting the iPad in a headrest mount doesn't work for the long run and is more of a pain in the *** with removing it all the time. I want something permanent that will work with factory stereo.
Old 04-26-2015, 07:33 PM

Received 24 Likes on 14 Posts

You will have to "lock pick" mft to get it to play video while driving there is a thread about it on here. Check this out

https://www.f150forum.com/f118/2015-...talled-291843/
Old 04-26-2015, 07:49 PM

Originally Posted by Smidgy
You will have to "lock pick" mft to get it to play video while driving there is a thread about it on here. Check this out

https://www.f150forum.com/f118/2015-...talled-291843/
I'm not really worried about playing in the front center screen I want either a roof mounted unti of the headrest type units for the kids in the back
Old 04-27-2015, 03:59 AM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I have the Nextbase setup in my Scab... What do you want to know about it?
Old 04-27-2015, 06:16 AM

Originally Posted by snoranger
I have the Nextbase setup in my Scab... What do you want to know about it?
I have a couple..

Can you watch the same movie on both with putting a dvd in one of the units?
Sound come through truck speakers?

Are they hard wired or Bluetooth?
Old 04-27-2015, 07:56 AM

Received 29 Likes on 18 Posts

What I would like to know is if anyone has found the headrests that match the Brunello Leather color. They seem to have every other color available, yet no brunello...
Old 04-27-2015, 09:08 AM

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

For the money you would pay for a rear entertainment system these days, I am mounting two ipads using headrest mounts for long trips. Ipads will have wireless headphones and they can play games as well.

If you go this route make sure you get the headrest mounts that extend out so the kids or adults can reach the ipads while sitting.
The following 2 users liked this post by TechRider:
StevieP65 (08-17-2015), tooloud10 (07-29-2015)
Old 04-27-2015, 09:23 AM

Received 24 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by NoRice
I'm not really worried about playing in the front center screen I want either a roof mounted unti of the headrest type units for the kids in the back

I figured as much, this just gives you control of the factory stereo and then you could just run the video lines to the headrests that you can get from Fordparts.com. I am not sure there is any other solution to get it to come through the ford speakers. Your other option is headphones.

I am thinking about this stuff as well with my kids, the availability of Netflix etc. is extremely nice. The question will be is it worth it, or is the two tablet plan a better one jumping off of my phone wifi.
Old 04-27-2015, 10:28 AM

Originally Posted by TechRider
For the money you would pay for a rear entertainment system these days, I am mounting two ipads using headrest mounts for long trips. Ipads will have wireless headphones and they can play games as well.

If you go this route make sure you get the headrest mounts that extend out so the kids or adults can reach the ipads while sitting.
Ya that has been my easy option in my current truck but leaving an iPad out in the truck in the winter at -40 here in Canada doesn't work so well and having to throw it in every morning while driving to school is a pain in the ***. Not to mention some clown stealing them out of the truck one night. I like the ease my wife's van has its always there. Turn the key and it comes on and kids are happy...But yes the overheads are still ridiculously expensive.
Old 04-27-2015, 11:07 AM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by NoRice
I have a couple..

Can you watch the same movie on both with putting a dvd in one of the units?
Sound come through truck speakers?

Are they hard wired or Bluetooth?
Yes. You can watch the same movie on both or different movies on each.
They have their own external speakers, wireless headphones, remotes, 110v cables, and a single carrying case.
I like the security... They easily remove from the base and you can take them with you when you want to.

To play the sound through the stereo, I think you have to hard wire it... I haven't really looked into it. I'll go check.

Quick Reply: Rear seat entertainment ?