Topic Sponsor
2015 - 2020 Ford F150 General discussion on the 13th generation Ford F150 truck.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Rear block install?

Old 09-24-2015, 09:27 PM

Received 21 Likes on 19 Posts
Default Rear block install?

I have an Icon Stage 2 and the rear end is now slightly lower than the front, by about 1/2". So, I bought some 2.25" blocks from f150lifts and I'm wondering if the install is really as easy as it looks.

Is this something most guys normally do themselves, or do most people take it into a shop?

Are there any tricks to be aware of, or it is really as simple as just jacking up one side, undoing the u-bolts, slipping in the new block and u-bolts and tightening it back up?
Old 09-24-2015, 10:30 PM

Received 53 Likes on 39 Posts

Pictures please. That would help.

I think the 2.25 will do just the trick. Install shouldn't be to difficult. You won't need an alignment either.

However I think a shop would charge you about an hour.

Did you lift the front the full 2.5. Or did you install at factory setting out of the box???

Look forward to seeing pics
Old 09-25-2015, 12:10 AM

Originally Posted by denalion22
Pictures please. That would help.

I think the 2.25 will do just the trick. Install shouldn't be to difficult. You won't need an alignment either.

However I think a shop would charge you about an hour.

Did you lift the front the full 2.5. Or did you install at factory setting out of the box???

Look forward to seeing pics
I'll try to get pics sometime, but I'm leaving tomorrow on a hunting trip. Will be gone for about a week, so I will have to take them when I get back.

The shop that did the Icon kit left them at the factory settings, so I am not sure what the lift height is exactly. I thought they said the truck measured 1" higher than stock, but it seems like a little more than that.

How did you do yours? I see you also did the 2.25" blocks. Do you have any pics? Thanks.
Old 09-25-2015, 12:25 AM

Received 53 Likes on 39 Posts

Originally Posted by Viper556
I'll try to get pics sometime, but I'm leaving tomorrow on a hunting trip. Will be gone for about a week, so I will have to take them when I get back.

The shop that did the Icon kit left them at the factory settings, so I am not sure what the lift height is exactly. I thought they said the truck measured 1" higher than stock, but it seems like a little more than that.

How did you do yours? I see you also did the 2.25" blocks. Do you have any pics? Thanks.
Icon states out of the box is 2 inchs.

As for me i have not installed yet. But I know when I do install I'm going to have them adjusted to it highest setting.

No pics yet but once it's all installed I'll post them
Old 09-25-2015, 04:55 AM

Received 871 Likes on 695 Posts

Installing rear blocks are very very simple.

After having all the tools needed by the truck and the truck on jack stands with the tires still on. It took me a total of 8 minutes to remove tires, install blocks, remove stock shocks and install longer ones and reinstall tires on a friends truck.

Wayne
Old 09-25-2015, 09:55 AM

Received 87 Likes on 64 Posts

Originally Posted by Z7What
Installing rear blocks are very very simple.

After having all the tools needed by the truck and the truck on jack stands with the tires still on. It took me a total of 8 minutes to remove tires, install blocks, remove stock shocks and install longer ones and reinstall tires on a friends truck.

Wayne
8Minutes, I think you should try out for a nascar team changing tires.
The following users liked this post:
Z7What (09-26-2015)
Old 09-25-2015, 10:18 AM

Received 67 Likes on 44 Posts

Am I correct in understanding a 2" level put you nose high?

I started at a 2" level and measured 40.25" x 41.25" once it settled...

I moved to a 2.5" and measured 41" x 41.25" after about 2 weeks...

Both are at stock rear. I anticipate the front to settle another 1/4" in a few weeks.

Interesting...
Old 09-25-2015, 01:22 PM

Originally Posted by Drago77
Am I correct in understanding a 2" level put you nose high?

I started at a 2" level and measured 40.25" x 41.25" once it settled...

I moved to a 2.5" and measured 41" x 41.25" after about 2 weeks...

Both are at stock rear. I anticipate the front to settle another 1/4" in a few weeks.

Interesting...
I'm headed out the door on a hunt, so I will have to get back to this in a week.

Long and short of it is that I think it's settled more and I'm not nose high anymore, but I still may put blocks on the rear because when I tow I don't want to be nose high.

I measured again last night, but it wasn't on totally level ground, so those results may have been misleading.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Rear block install?