Topic Sponsor
2015 - 2020 Ford F150 General discussion on the 13th generation Ford F150 truck.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Random SYNC changes?

Search this Thread

Old 08-05-2015, 09:48 AM

Received 274 Likes on 191 Posts

Default Random SYNC changes?

Every morning when I get in my truck, the first thing I do is connect my iPad via Bluetooth and voice commands. It always goes like this - press button, say "iPad" (followed sometimes by a prompt to select between iPad and iPhone), say "1" (to select Bluetooth Media Device), and then it starts playing. This morning, after I said "1" it gave me an additional prompt ding. Having no clue what it was asking, SYNC then gave me the tutorial on things to say, such as "Play" or "Next Track". Once I said "Play", it worked no problem.

This has NEVER happened before. Is this some kind of SYNC update that just added this extra step? For those that use Bluetooth via voice controls, do you have to tell it to play before it will actually play? It's not the end of the world, it was just odd that it started happening so randomly. I haven't gotten any maintenance notifications or performed any updates recently. Maybe the SYNC team will chime in?

Quick Reply: Random SYNC changes?