Topic Sponsor
2015 - 2020 Ford F150 General discussion on the 13th generation Ford F150 truck.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

A Question for FordService

Search this Thread

Old 10-17-2014, 12:32 AM

Received 139 Likes on 55 Posts

Default A Question for FordService

Hello,

There is some confusion on the forum about how Dealership Priority Orders work. I'm wondering if Ford Customer Service can take a few minutes and shed some details on how the whole process works and specifically speak to scheduling as well as the difference between priority numbers (e.g. between priority 10, 20, 70 etc.).

There is a lot of information on the Internet, but a lot of it is conflicting. I'm wondering if you guys would be kind enough to iron it out for all to read.

Thank You!
Old 10-17-2014, 08:53 AM

Received 73 Likes on 55 Posts

Originally Posted by Misterwlm
Hello,

There is some confusion on the forum about how Dealership Priority Orders work. I'm wondering if Ford Customer Service can take a few minutes and shed some details on how the whole process works and specifically speak to scheduling as well as the difference between priority numbers (e.g. between priority 10, 20, 70 etc.).

There is a lot of information on the Internet, but a lot of it is conflicting. I'm wondering if you guys would be kind enough to iron it out for all to read.

Thank You!
I asked the same question to Ford Customer service and all they said was that my truck orders were being processed, but a build date and VIN number was not in the system yet. Please let us know what they say. Thanks.
Old 10-21-2014, 04:45 PM

Received 11 Likes on 7 Posts

Dealership assigned priority numbers (10 thru 99) only apply to that specific dealership's orders. Assuming commodity availability and sufficient allocation to submit orders for scheduling, the priority ranks the orders in terms of "urgency" to be scheduled. If the priority is 20 and a subsequent order is placed as a 10, the 10 moves ahead of the 20.
Some dealers place all orders at the same priority. In that case, the acceptance date of the order by Ford sets the build schedule.
It makes no difference if one dealer uses priority 80 and another uses 10 to Ford. If they both have allocation and there are no holds on commodities they both get scheduled.
If a dealership is allocated 5 units for a build period and they have 15 units submitted, the first five with the lowest priority will be scheduled first. If all have the same priority, the earliest accepted five will be scheduled first. The remaining 10 units wait for the next allocation period(s) to be scheduled.
Often, at the start of the model year, Ford will make sure every dealership gets a unit scheduled before normal scheduling begins.
So, your order date means very little if the dealership doesn't have allocation or if they submit later orders with a lower numeric priority. Experience of another buyer with one dealership is not a good measure for your situation. It isn't first come, first served.
Old 10-21-2014, 05:04 PM

Received 66 Likes on 54 Posts

http://www.greenhybrid.com/discuss/f...ocation-19747/
Old 10-21-2014, 05:34 PM

Received 139 Likes on 55 Posts

Thanks guys, we'll see if Ford answers. So far nothing, and at this point, I don't expect anything.

OldFlick,

I saw that story a while ago. It's without question the best explanation out there on priority orders, but thanks for sharing it! BTW, do you have any news on your order? I heard from Ford CS today. Mine still says "In Production". Wondering if Aquapools might be on to something with that BLIS holdup OR they just hold everything in that status until it's "okay to ship" (or whatever the next level is).
Old 10-21-2014, 05:45 PM

Old Flick, The date on that article was September 9th, 2008 so I would throw that out the window.
Also look at the next post in that article:

Been there, done that.

Here is the Ford allocation in a much shorter post:

Ford plays favorites with it's good ol' boy big dealers.

The big dealers are getting vehicles on their STOCK orders while the small dealers are waiting on a special order for the EXACT same vehicle.

They can give you all the BS that you are willing to listen to about fair allocation.

So Old Flick, Statistics on this board show that the overall majority of buyers who received build dates and VIN numbers purchased their vehicle with a Priority 20 code. Priority 20 is a Stock Vehicle. Ford has stated that Stock Vehicles will be produced first.
Priority 10 sounds better under normal conditions, but so far Priority 20 rules the road.
Old 10-21-2014, 05:48 PM

Thanks guys, we'll see if Ford answers. So far nothing, and at this point, I don't expect anything.

OldFlick,

I saw that story a while ago. It's without question the best explanation out there on priority orders, but thanks for sharing it! BTW, do you have any news on your order? I heard from Ford CS today. Mine still says "In Production". Wondering if Aquapools might be on to something with that BLIS holdup OR they just hold everything in that status until it's "okay to ship" (or whatever the next level is).

Misterwlm, I got that information from my dealer. He also said that on October 23 that Bliss Problem was being finalized and production on those vehicles should commence. Keep your fingers crossed.
Old 10-21-2014, 06:51 PM

Received 66 Likes on 54 Posts

OldFlick,

Have not checked this week. I had my 2011 250SD diesel sold for good money but lost sale this week. That being said I can now wait. I am having a knee replaced Nov 24 and am hold out hope to ride home in new truck.
Old 10-21-2014, 07:17 PM

Received 15 Likes on 14 Posts

Thanks guys, we'll see if Ford answers. So far nothing, and at this point, I don't expect anything. OldFlick, I saw that story a while ago. It's without question the best explanation out there on priority orders, but thanks for sharing it! BTW, do you have any news on your order? I heard from Ford CS today. Mine still says "In Production". Wondering if Aquapools might be on to something with that BLIS holdup OR they just hold everything in that status until it's "okay to ship" (or whatever the next level is).
Received a email today from ford that my order is "in production"
Old 10-21-2014, 07:21 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Dontech
Received a email today from ford that my order is "in production"
When did you place your order and what priority code?

Quick Reply: A Question for FordService