Topic Sponsor
2015 - 2020 Ford F150 General discussion on the 13th generation Ford F150 truck.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Parking brake malfunction

Search this Thread

Old 10-23-2015, 11:04 AM

Received 132 Likes on 84 Posts
Default Parking brake malfunction

Hello,

Anyone have a parking brake malfunction yet? I went to leave in my truck and the parking brake would not release ( it holds very well!) I turned off/on the ignition and the brake released. Now when ever I open the drivers door it gives me a warning " Parking brake malfunction, service now"

I take it in on Monday to the local ford dealer.

Still loving the truck, stuff happens.

Jason
Old 11-23-2015, 02:31 PM

Received 117 Likes on 86 Posts

Same error ( "parking brake malfunction" ) but my brake was not set (ON) at the time. Showed the "Hill Start Assist" would not work. I don't believe the parking brake will set right now. Drove the one mile back to the house with NO problem. Truck "coasts" normally as if the parking brake was OFF. What did you find out from the dealer if you don't mind me asking.
Old 11-23-2015, 02:41 PM

Received 132 Likes on 84 Posts

Originally Posted by D_D_in_KY
Same error ( "parking brake malfunction" ) but my brake was not set (ON) at the time. Showed the "Hill Start Assist" would not work. I don't believe the parking brake will set right now. Drove the one mile back to the house with NO problem. Truck "coasts" normally as if the parking brake was OFF. What did you find out from the dealer if you don't mind me asking.
I never took it in. Problem went away and never returned.i use the parking brake nearly every time. Figured it was a waste of my time to bring it in if it wasn't a active defect. Don't have much confidence in my local dealer.
The following users liked this post:
D_D_in_KY (11-23-2015)
Old 11-23-2015, 02:48 PM

Received 117 Likes on 86 Posts

I see there's another thread covering the same issue. People speak of having a module swapped out to cure the problem. I personally don't use the parking brake unless on a hill or have a trailer or "load" in the bed. Thanks for the quick response.

Went out to the truck, turned on the ignition, NO messages and proceeded to start the engine, again NO Error messages. Worked the parking brake ON and OFF (by moving the vehicle) several times with no re-occurrence of the messages.

Last edited by D_D_in_KY; 11-23-2015 at 03:58 PM. Reason: Added content

Quick Reply: Parking brake malfunction