Topic Sponsor
2015 - 2020 Ford F150 General discussion on the 13th generation Ford F150 truck.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Online Order Tracking

Search this Thread

Old 08-19-2014, 04:34 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Online Order Tracking

I spoke to Ford customer service yesterday and they gave me a web site to track vehicle orders. The order can be tracked by order number and dealer code, or by VIN. I entered my order number and dealer code, but the order was not found. The message was "No matching vehicle found. Please verify your input and try again.". The customer service rep was showing the order as "processing" in her system. I asked the service rep why the order was not found on the web site and she said that the order had to be scheduled to be available for online tracking.

http://www.cotusb.ford.com/
Old 08-19-2014, 10:15 PM

Received 83 Likes on 53 Posts

Thanks, bookmarked. Mine didn't show up, but just ordered last week.
Old 08-19-2014, 11:32 PM

Received 59 Likes on 51 Posts

Thanks, hopefully this works for all their vehicles (mustang, focus, etc.). I really hate the guy over at blueovalnews.com who does the tracking. He's a rule **** and just not very friendly in the forum.
Old 08-20-2014, 12:00 AM

Received 69 Likes on 52 Posts

Originally Posted by hydro
Thanks, hopefully this works for all their vehicles (mustang, focus, etc.). I really hate the guy over at blueovalnews.com who does the tracking. He's a rule **** and just not very friendly in the forum.
I wonder if that's the same guy we all had to very carefully beg when I ordered my 2011 MKX. I remember it being a rather ridiculous process back then and lots of folks would do something minor that would really **** him off and they would never get their tracking info.
Old 08-20-2014, 02:35 AM

Received 59 Likes on 51 Posts

^ yeah that's him (cyberdman). People have to pretty much kiss his *** and ask nicely and submit vin# every time, no sooner than every 7 days..etc... I done three cars through him and am pretty much over him. Hopefully this works.
Old 08-20-2014, 07:46 PM

Received 52 Likes on 32 Posts

Just tried tracking mine and it shows the vehicle as a 2015 Mustang. Hope that is simply an error that will clear up once scheduled. A red 2015 5.0 Mustang is nice but definitely not what I am looking for .
Old 08-20-2014, 08:13 PM

Received 139 Likes on 55 Posts

My local Ford Dealer salesman was not aware of the order tracker site. I ordered a platinum 10 days ago and it doesn't show up yet. He did some checking and confirmed nothing will show up on the site until Ford schedules it. Nice guy though, gave me the order number and dealer number.

Does anyone know the specific date when Ford will start building 2015's?
Old 08-20-2014, 08:18 PM

Received 173 Likes on 102 Posts

I have been checking sine my order on 7/31. I know that Dearborn shuts down Friday until September 20th for re-tooling. I ready that they will do pre-production runs after that with a projected Job #1 date of 10/20. congrats on your truck!!
The following users liked this post:
Misterwlm (08-20-2014)
Old 08-27-2014, 04:44 PM

Received 139 Likes on 55 Posts

Originally Posted by mikewb
I spoke to Ford customer service yesterday and they gave me a web site to track vehicle orders. The order can be tracked by order number and dealer code, or by VIN. I entered my order number and dealer code, but the order was not found. The message was "No matching vehicle found. Please verify your input and try again.". The customer service rep was showing the order as "processing" in her system. I asked the service rep why the order was not found on the web site and she said that the order had to be scheduled to be available for online tracking.

http://www.cotusb.ford.com/
I ordered mine on 8-10 and received my VIN number from the dealer today. Unfortunately, it still does not track on the site....same error message shown above.

As with most of you, mine is part of the dealer's initial order and not a true RETAIL customer order, so I'm wondering if that has anything to do with it even though I have an order number (and now a VIN).

In any case, it appears Ford is starting the process pretty quickly.
The following users liked this post:
Aquapools (08-27-2014)

Quick Reply: Online Order Tracking