Topic Sponsor
2015 - 2020 Ford F150 General discussion on the 13th generation Ford F150 truck.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Now I'm Nervous

Search this Thread

Old 07-28-2015, 11:49 AM

Received 35 Likes on 26 Posts

Default Now I'm Nervous

So these came in today.

Fred Goeske 1.5" spacers. Despite all my good intentions. The idea of these on my hubs makes me a tad nervous.

Has anybody had any issues with these? Doesn't matter the make and model. I just want as much re-assurance as one forum can provide.

My truck is quickly becoming the family hauler. Got a road trip planned in a month, etc, etc, etc.

Install suggestions? Little bit of anti-seize where the spacer meets the mounting surface? Blue loctite on the oem studs torqued to 150? Torque the wheel to about 120? Impact wrench, yes/no for rotate and balance at the local tire shop?

Thanks
Old 07-28-2015, 01:07 PM

Received 708 Likes on 486 Posts

as long as they are hubcentric, you should be fine. Make sure they're dead on center, otherwise you'll get a nasty vibration. Torque should be the same for the spacers and wheels (150).

I had spacers on my car before (25mm R, 20mm F), ran it hard quite often and never had an issue besides the vibrations when I got a cheap set that wasn't mounted properly. Never used any loctite or anti-seize, so taking them off required a few hits with a rubber mallet, but other than that, all good!

Make sure you check / re-tighten them after 100 miles or so.
Old 08-03-2015, 05:17 PM

Received 29 Likes on 24 Posts

Originally Posted by neck5150
So these came in today.

Fred Goeske 1.5" spacers. Despite all my good intentions. The idea of these on my hubs makes me a tad nervous.

Has anybody had any issues with these? Doesn't matter the make and model. I just want as much re-assurance as one forum can provide.

My truck is quickly becoming the family hauler. Got a road trip planned in a month, etc, etc, etc.

Install suggestions? Little bit of anti-seize where the spacer meets the mounting surface? Blue loctite on the oem studs torqued to 150? Torque the wheel to about 120? Impact wrench, yes/no for rotate and balance at the local tire shop?

Thanks
I've seen on your other posts that you've got 275 tires and these spacers, how much room do you have between the tire and he crash bars with these on? Reason I'm asking is because I'm getting ready to order 35x12.5 tires and was thinking about getting spacers but curious to see how much room there is with your setup and if it would work with mine. I also have 2.5" BDS installed for that extra clearance. My goal is the get the wider stance with the spacers because I don't want the tires tucked inside, at minimum flush are a bit of stick out would be great.
Old 08-03-2015, 05:47 PM

Originally Posted by Dan525
I've seen on your other posts that you've got 275 tires and these spacers, how much room do you have between the tire and he crash bars with these on?
Dan,

There's basically no room in counter-clockwise reverse. Mine rub the crash bars in counter-clockwise reverse but just barely. They do not rub at full lock clockwise forward or reverse or at full lock counter-clockwise forward.

I debated spreading the crash bars today with a Port a power but my tire guy who knows his stuff said he would just let em rub the crash bars cause its so slight.

I tried to take some pics in the garage but I don't think they came out.

Stupid crash bars.

Good luck. I think your tires are gonna rub the crash bars in reverse at least

Last edited by neck5150; 08-03-2015 at 05:57 PM.
Old 08-03-2015, 06:31 PM

Received 114 Likes on 73 Posts

I debated spreading the crash bars today with a Port a power but my tire guy who knows his stuff said he would just let em rub the crash bars cause its so slight.
Stupid crash bars.
I can't believe anyone would say that after all the news about crash bars over the last week.
Old 08-03-2015, 06:37 PM

Originally Posted by tooloud10
I can't believe anyone would say that after all the news about crash bars over the last week.
If you're taking about my "stupid crash bars" comment, I'm joking.

If you're talking about my tire guy saying to let them rub, well, I can't really tell you how slight the contact is.

If you're talking about me using a Port a power to get clearance, again, I could probably get there if I could gain just .5" of clearance.

Wonder how all the super cab guys feel about crash bars?

Maybe we need a "I mean the following sarcastically" emoji or something.
Old 08-03-2015, 07:02 PM

Received 29 Likes on 24 Posts

Ok perfect thanks for the reply, I'm definitely not going to add spacers after I do the 35x12.5's. I wanted to make sure before ordering a set of spacers, hopefully those tires will give me the effect I want.
Old 08-03-2015, 07:04 PM

Originally Posted by Dan525
Ok perfect thanks for the reply, I'm definitely not going to add spacers after I do the 35x12.5's. I wanted to make sure before ordering a set of spacers, hopefully those tires will give me the effect I want.
Let us know how they turn out.
Old 08-03-2015, 07:08 PM

Received 170 Likes on 122 Posts

There's basically no room in counter-clockwise reverse. Mine rub the crash bars in counter-clockwise reverse but just barely. They do not rub at full lock clockwise forward or reverse or at full lock counter-clockwise forward.
Manufacturing variance between front left n right?

If not, why wouldn't you get rub in clockwise reverse on the other wheel?
Old 08-03-2015, 09:15 PM

Originally Posted by 4js8wh
Manufacturing variance between front left n right?

If not, why wouldn't you get rub in clockwise reverse on the other wheel?
I would LOVE to know the answer to this question.

Quick Reply: Now I'm Nervous