Topic Sponsor
2015 - 2020 Ford F150 General discussion on the 13th generation Ford F150 truck.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

New 2015 XLT Aftermarket Suggestions?

Search this Thread

Old 04-03-2016, 02:02 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Talking New 2015 XLT Aftermarket Suggestions?

I just picked up my new 2015 (Supercab, XLT, FX4), and am now in the market to "accessorize". I'm interested in getting the bed spayed, a soft top, mud flaps, bug shield, heated seats and that's about it.

Suggestions on the bed liner? It seems that Line-X has a pretty strong following - but are there others out there just as good?

My late and lamented 2004 had the Truxedo soft cover, so I'm interested in getting that once again - are they easy to self install?

I'm also interested for opinions around rear wheel well inserts - do they help with corrosion?

Also ... any suggested dealers/installers in the SE WI with a good rep?

Thanks!
Old 04-03-2016, 09:44 PM
Found On Road Dominating

Received 187 Likes on 152 Posts

Originally Posted by Nailcreek
I just picked up my new 2015 (Supercab, XLT, FX4), and am now in the market to "accessorize". I'm interested in getting the bed spayed, a soft top, mud flaps, bug shield, heated seats and that's about it. Suggestions on the bed liner? It seems that Line-X has a pretty strong following - but are there others out there just as good? My late and lamented 2004 had the Truxedo soft cover, so I'm interested in getting that once again - are they easy to self install? I'm also interested for opinions around rear wheel well inserts - do they help with corrosion? Also ... any suggested dealers/installers in the SE WI with a good rep? Thanks!
I'm a Ford OEM guy for the most part. Have bug and mud deflector vent shades and sprayed in liner. Line -X is a great option. Bring the guy doing it a coffee and ask for a good clean job. Heated seats and leather is a good idea. I cut my Antenna 3-4 inches so it stop striking the garage entryway. Weathertech going in soon. Good luck and have fun.
Old 04-04-2016, 09:21 AM

Received 22 Likes on 21 Posts

Originally Posted by Nailcreek
I just picked up my new 2015 (Supercab, XLT, FX4), and am now in the market to "accessorize". I'm interested in getting the bed spayed, a soft top, mud flaps, bug shield, heated seats and that's about it.

Suggestions on the bed liner? It seems that Line-X has a pretty strong following - but are there others out there just as good?

My late and lamented 2004 had the Truxedo soft cover, so I'm interested in getting that once again - are they easy to self install?

I'm also interested for opinions around rear wheel well inserts - do they help with corrosion?

Also ... any suggested dealers/installers in the SE WI with a good rep?

Thanks!

For heated seats, you could add something like this, http://www.truckleather.com/accessor...at-heater-kit/ also if you have cloth and want to upgrade to leather, checkout the clazzio seat covers, as they work with heated/cooled seats and side airbags.
Old 04-04-2016, 10:44 AM

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

I installed a Truxedo Truxport soft cover a few weeks ago. It was very easy to install. A pair of scissors and 1/2 socket is all you need. Took about 30 minutes. Scissors to cut the foam weatherstripping along the top rail of the front of the bed and the socket to tighten the 6 clamps.
Old 04-04-2016, 08:53 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks much ... this is great to know!
Old 04-04-2016, 09:04 PM

Received 106 Likes on 77 Posts

Spray in bed liners are amazing.

I like roll up tonneau covers and mud flaps. Both practical (to protect cargo and to protect paint from rock chips) but both add a look you may or may not want.

Really though I think the best few hundred bucks you can spend on a truck is a spray in bed liner, I'm really partial to Line-X.
Old 04-04-2016, 09:11 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Another vote for line x. If mine didn't come with a free drop in liner that'd be the first thing I added. When I was shopping for trucks I couldn't stand the bare body parts under the bed that were exposed with no paint. I bought husky wheel well liners before the truck was even ready for delivery.
Old 04-04-2016, 09:33 PM

Received 5 Likes on 1 Post

Line X premium here (no bed cover)

Money well spent and super durable!

Quick Reply: New 2015 XLT Aftermarket Suggestions?