Topic Sponsor
2015 - 2020 Ford F150 General discussion on the 13th generation Ford F150 truck.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

New 2015 or 2016 Lariat

Search this Thread

Old 01-03-2016, 09:14 PM
Musclford

Received 117 Likes on 56 Posts

Talking New 2015 or 2016 Lariat

I've got the availability of the Dealer Plan...Catch is I have to buy it from our relations dealer 150 miles away?

If I go with the 2015, trying to find the Tux Blk Lariat with Moon roof.... however, If I just order a 2016, I will loose 1750 in rebates and the ability to get Tux Blk, since ford decided to drop it for Shadow Blk... Very very boring looking..
If I end up ordering a 2016 - I'm going with platinum white metallic instead of blk

Thoughts / opinions - should I go with the 2015 or pay 2K more and get the 2016? Also, I have the 1000 in personal cash that expires tomorrow 1/4/16, but can't use it with D plan anyway.

Would like to hear opinions either way.. Regards,,
Old 01-03-2016, 09:18 PM

Received 61 Likes on 40 Posts

I'd for sure take Plat white over the blk. Blk is too hard to keep right on a truck.
Old 01-03-2016, 09:19 PM

Received 377 Likes on 283 Posts

I love my tuxedo blk KR FX4, if thats what you been wanting then way wait, buy it first thing in the morning.

Old 01-03-2016, 09:23 PM

Received 88 Likes on 66 Posts

Originally Posted by Musclford
I've got the availability of the Dealer Plan...Catch is I have to buy it from our relations dealer 150 miles away?

If I go with the 2015, trying to find the Tux Blk Lariat with Moon roof.... however, If I just order a 2016, I will loose 1750 in rebates and the ability to get Tux Blk, since ford decided to drop it for Shadow Blk... Very very boring looking..

Thoughts / opinions - should I go with the 2015 or pay 2K more and get the 2016? Also, I have the 1000 in personal cash that expires tomorrow 1/4/16, but can't use it with D plan anyway.

Would like to hear opinions either way.. Regards,,
You seem pretty knowledgeable, so I will assume that you are aware of the updates for 2016. Personally, I feel that the updates (Sync3, PTBA) are worth the tradeoffs you mentioned, but only you can define that for yourself.

Do you plan to do any towing? If so, PTBA can be extremely helpful, even if you are experienced with trailering. For example, at the boat launch, allowing the spouse to back the trailer into the water as you drive the boat.
The following users liked this post:
Musclford (01-03-2016)
Old 01-03-2016, 09:37 PM
Musclford

Originally Posted by mlpjunior
You seem pretty knowledgeable, so I will assume that you are aware of the updates for 2016. Personally, I feel that the updates (Sync3, PTBA) are worth the tradeoffs you mentioned, but only you can define that for yourself.

Do you plan to do any towing? If so, PTBA can be extremely helpful, even if you are experienced with trailering. For example, at the boat launch, allowing the spouse to back the trailer into the water as you drive the boat.

I wasn't probably going to order with PTBA anyway, but I do like your thought on if the wife were to back up.... never considered that. My biggest concern is buying a 1st year model.... hearing probs with heated/cooling seats and not sure what month the truck they find will have been built. I actually took a trip to Dearborn and watched assembly in September... pretty damn amazing how they can crank out 1200 a day.. I'm so darn cautious that I'm second guessing myself to DEATH. Sold my Superduty a year ago in Nov. and been truckless, now that I have Dealer plan at my tips and 2250 in additional rebates, wife says go for it!

I know I know I know I shoudn't let comments of problems on this board concern me,, rarely do people without problems come and write endless posts on how much they LOVE their trucks, but I'm really freaked thinking a year under their belt will be better and what's 8 weeks after waiting a year. At least I finally decided on the EB, I do love the v8 sound and less complexity, but opting for the 3.5 EB anyway... Now just to pick the year and ultimately color.

My buddy is a mech at a local dealer and he said, sync 3 isn't without faults, they already are having updates come out... but that would be one of the reasons I would wait for the 2016, simply for the newest sync. .

If I weren't heading to WI in 3 weeks, it would be a no brainer, but I came home in a snow storm last year, pulling 2 quads on a small trailer without trailer brakes and a 2wd dodge.. Never so damn scared in all my life... 10 hrs (normally a 5 hr trip) no visibility and we couldn't find a place to even pull off...

oh well, it's a good problem to have I guess.
Old 01-03-2016, 09:39 PM

Received 871 Likes on 695 Posts

Black is nice but as it was said its hard to keep clean. Must the 15 be Black? Why couldn't you get a 15 White Platinum?

Wayne
The following users liked this post:
Musclford (01-03-2016)
Old 01-03-2016, 09:50 PM
Musclford

Originally Posted by Z7What
Black is nice but as it was said its hard to keep clean. Must the 15 be Black? Why couldn't you get a 15 White Platinum?

Wayne
I have been swinging back and forth on the white platinum / Tux Blk.... I really like both... just been leaning towards the blk. but I agree, it is a treat keeping them looking good., but when they are clean, they are beautiful.

I guess I'll see what tomorrow holds on the searching... If I can find the White with the tech pkg and not the blk, it may win.... anyway.
Old 01-03-2016, 09:55 PM

Received 871 Likes on 695 Posts

Originally Posted by Musclford
I have been swinging back and forth on the white platinum / Tux Blk.... I really like both... just been leaning towards the blk. but I agree, it is a treat keeping them looking good., but when they are clean, they are beautiful.

I guess I'll see what tomorrow holds on the searching... If I can find the White with the tech pkg and not the blk, it may win.... anyway.

That's why i have silver, i love a clean truck and a silver truck needs to be VERY dirty to look dirty. With black if your neighbor is blowing his driveway and gets dust on the truck it looks dirty. But as you said, sexy AF when clean though!

Wayne
Old 01-03-2016, 10:03 PM
Musclford

Originally Posted by Z7What
That's why i have silver, i love a clean truck and a silver truck needs to be VERY dirty to look dirty. With black if your neighbor is blowing his driveway and gets dust on the truck it looks dirty. But as you said, sexy AF when clean though!

Wayne
Silver or magnetic would be an option, if I just didn't sell a 2002 7.3 Superduty that was silver, and we have two other silver cars.... Wife and kids say no to silver / grey / metallic... It is super freaking sweet looking though.
Old 01-03-2016, 10:03 PM

Received 82 Likes on 51 Posts

2016 and Sync 3. The last thing you wanna do is get saddled with Sync 2 for the next 5 years. It would be like trading in your smart phone for a flip phone.

Sync 3 will only get better because it has the hardware to do so.

Sync 2 is stuck where it's at.

Quick Reply: New 2015 or 2016 Lariat