Topic Sponsor
2015 - 2020 Ford F150 General discussion on the 13th generation Ford F150 truck.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Need a little help before drilling through my console

Search this Thread

Old 08-15-2015, 09:52 PM

Received 44 Likes on 24 Posts
Default Need a little help before drilling through my console

Installing my gun vault into the center console, before I drill through the bottom, anyone know if there is a wire cluster or anything under the console or carpet in the area?
Thanks
Old 08-16-2015, 09:02 AM

Received 44 Likes on 37 Posts

I'm not 100% sure but I think I remember seeing something under mine when I had it apart. Computer box or something
Old 08-16-2015, 03:16 PM

Originally Posted by Rabbit
I'm not 100% sure but I think I remember seeing something under mine when I had it apart. Computer box or something
unfortunately their is something under there because my airbag light is lit solid now...freakin great
Old 08-16-2015, 03:46 PM

Originally Posted by Makenlegs
unfortunately their is something under there because my airbag light is lit solid now...freakin great
take the screws back out and take the bottom out. Might have screwed into a wire. I've had the bottom out of mine a few times
Old 08-16-2015, 05:02 PM

take the screws back out and take the bottom out. Might have screwed into a wire. I've had the bottom out of mine a few times
before i read this I had taken it out and filled the holes in the truck and the light is off now, but I need to get into it and see which wire I grounded out. What's involved to getting underneath the counsole?
Old 08-16-2015, 07:08 PM

before i read this I had taken it out and filled the holes in the truck and the light is off now, but I need to get into it and see which wire I grounded out. What's involved to getting underneath the counsole?
looks like once I pulled the cup holders out of the rear it revealed some small bolts to take out. It looks like the inner liner pops out after that, anyone know if there are any additional surprises I need to know about before removing those bolts?
Old 08-17-2015, 01:05 AM

Installing my gun vault into the center console, before I drill through the bottom, anyone know if there is a wire cluster or anything under the console or carpet in the area?
Thanks
The answer is yes for anyone interested. There are multiple cluster and a computer that sits directly under the center of the console slightly to the passenger rear side. However, good size wire clusters run under it on both sides coming out of the computer so DONT DRILL THROUGH IT. A lesson from the school of hard knocks
The following users liked this post:
speedwayman12 (08-18-2015)
Old 08-17-2015, 06:00 PM

Hope you didn't hurt anything! I took everything out from the top. After seeing everything I put it all back together and run everything a different way!
Old 08-17-2015, 08:15 PM

Hope you didn't hurt anything! I took everything out from the top. After seeing everything I put it all back together and run everything a different way!
I took all the bolts out from the back and the panels off the side to reveal the 2-large bolts on both sides but was not able to get any further without disassembling the front of the unit. How does it come apart from the shifter area and front cup holder? Or does it?
Old 08-17-2015, 08:24 PM

I took all the bolts out from the back and the panels off the side to reveal the 2-large bolts on both sides but was not able to get any further without disassembling the front of the unit. How does it come apart from the shifter area and front cup holder? Or does it?
I don't know about that one. Mine doesn't have floor shift. I have the other center setup with a seat. Sorry!
The following users liked this post:
Makenlegs (08-17-2015)

Quick Reply: Need a little help before drilling through my console