Topic Sponsor
2015 - 2020 Ford F150 General discussion on the 13th generation Ford F150 truck.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

My Company did a Write Up on the 2015

Search this Thread

Old 08-26-2014, 12:51 PM

Received 15 Likes on 9 Posts

Default My Company did a Write Up on the 2015

has some nice pics and info.

Hard Working Trucks - 2015 F-150
The following users liked this post:
LCW (08-26-2014)
Old 08-26-2014, 01:54 PM

Received 162 Likes on 134 Posts

Thanks sm. Gave some good information. I don't like those fuel, temp, etc. gauges. That long blue line thingamabob, hmmm. I like a needle meself.
Old 08-26-2014, 03:35 PM

Received 15 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by iFord
Thanks sm. Gave some good information. I don't like those fuel, temp, etc. gauges. That long blue line thingamabob, hmmm. I like a needle meself.
yeah, I did like finally seeing all the dash info. Still not sure if I like it or not.
Old 08-26-2014, 04:34 PM

Received 108 Likes on 91 Posts

Nice to see some close ups. Not crazy about a lot of it though.

"For ease of grip and use, grooves in the tailgate handle allow a customer to open and close the tailgate with one hand." Really? People couldn't open and close them with one hand before??
Old 08-26-2014, 05:02 PM
DR9

Received 26 Likes on 22 Posts

Originally Posted by smcnair
yeah, I did like finally seeing all the dash info. Still not sure if I like it or not.
IMO it should be all digital, analog is so yesterday.

I really would not buy a car/truck without a nice LCD display in the gauge area and without keyless push. Anything that doesn't have these are ancient designs, i.e. Toyota/Nissan for Tundra/Titan/Sequoia/Armada.

Also I wouldnt want to but unless forced to but anything that doesn't offer LED headlights/taillights or atleast Bi-Xenon.. Halagon can kiss my ***.
Old 08-26-2014, 05:28 PM
Airstreamer

Received 84 Likes on 62 Posts

Originally Posted by DR9

I really would not buy a car/truck without a nice LCD display in the gauge area and without keyless push. Anything that doesn't have these are ancient designs, i.e. Toyota/Nissan for Tundra/Titan/Sequoia/Armada.

Also I wouldnt want to but unless forced to but anything that doesn't offer LED headlights/taillights or atleast Bi-Xenon.. Halagon can kiss my ***.
You might notice that even vehicles that have an all-LCD dash tend to have digital reproductions of analog gauges for info that's important to read at-a-glance like speed and fuel level. It turns out that we have analog brains...

I'm personally very pleased that Ford is continuing to offer the "keyless entry" keypad as an option. Until I had it, I never thought that much about its functionality, but it really shines for me in 2 ways. 1) I have multiple vehicles, but generally have my tool bag in the truck. I often want a tool from the truck when I don't have the truck's keys in my pocket, but it's easy to unlock the truck with the code. 2) I bought the truck for traveling with the Airstream, and often when we're camped with the club I don't need to carry the truck keys. I can get anything I need out of the truck by opening it with the code, and if I happened to lose the Airstream keys (or only one of us is carrying a set) I can get into the truck to get the trailer spares.

Halogen headlights (which I assume you meant) can be VERY good, but Ford didn't design a good light array for the halogens, at least not for the '04-'08 F150s. The relatively dim low-beams with a poor beam pattern are one of the worst aspects of my '07, but the halogen projectors on my Legacy are great headlights. I hope the 2015 LEDs turn out to be great lights.
Old 08-26-2014, 05:49 PM

Received 59 Likes on 55 Posts

[MENTION=191163]GearheadGeek[/MENTION]

agree completely on the keyless entry. I think it's one of those great features that always seems to find a way to be useful.

Many times I'm already out in the yard or garage and need something from the truck and I never have to worry about going to get the keys. Many times I'll send the kids out for something too and they know the code.
Old 08-26-2014, 08:13 PM

Received 1,000 Likes on 667 Posts

You might notice that even vehicles that have an all-LCD dash tend to have digital reproductions of analog gauges for info that's important to read at-a-glance like speed and fuel level. It turns out that we have analog brains...
Depends on the person, maybe. I just glanced over at my digital clock, and it is 5:04. If you put an analog clock next to a digital, which one is easier to read the time?

Back to dashes. I mention this because my wife's Caddy has the normal round gauges, with a digital display between them that can show the speed.

When she lets me drive on a trip, I set my cruise control, say to 68mph on a 65 road, and it is much easier to do than on the round speedo. I think the digital lets you pick up accurate info quicker, be it clock or speedo.
Old 08-26-2014, 09:15 PM

Received 16 Likes on 15 Posts

Have y'all not seen this: http://www.ford.com/trucks/f150/2015/

Really nice demo of the 8" productivity screen. I love all the info that can be accessed and allows you to monitor what you want. Tires pressures? Ecoboost boost? Nice!

If you don't like it, go with the lower end models that don't have the 8" screen. Problem solved. I believe its only included in the Lariat 502a, KR, and Platinum.
Old 08-26-2014, 11:02 PM

Received 119 Likes on 85 Posts

Originally Posted by DR9

Seriously? your one smug ****
The following users liked this post:
Bossgame (08-28-2014)

Quick Reply: My Company did a Write Up on the 2015