Topic Sponsor
2015 - 2020 Ford F150 General discussion on the 13th generation Ford F150 truck.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

The long wait is finally over....well worth it

Search this Thread

Old 08-19-2015, 11:03 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default The long wait is finally over....well worth it

So I picked up my new truck last Friday.
Xlt screw
4x4
Fx4
20" wheels

I ordered the truck on Friday March 13 my sales guy told me 6-8 weeks...man was I excited.
About 6 weeks later some personal troubles hit and knowing it was too late to cancel the order I decided to play it out till the truck came in and go from there.
Week 7. Sales guy calls and says the truck arrived, I told him some of what was going on and explained that I didn't think I would be able to take the truck. His response was "you still want the truck?" I said "ya but there is no possible way I can take it right now" he says "no problem, I can hang onto it for now until you get stuff figured out and if you aren't able to take it just let me know and I will have no problem getting rid of it in a day or two"
To make a long story short, things have come together for me and I was able to pick the truck up on Friday. I have to say I am very pleased with my experience and especially with how the dealer treated me, they were under no obligation to me and never even asked for a deposit, man it felt good driving the new truck off the lot and I am loving every minute i spend in it.

Sorry about the pic quality, planning on getting some good ones after she's all shined up....
Old 08-19-2015, 11:24 PM

Received 125 Likes on 69 Posts

you sure thats fx4?

nice truck tho.
Old 08-19-2015, 11:36 PM

Originally Posted by snopro31
you sure thats fx4?

nice truck tho.
It's actually the xlt with both the fx4 and xtr packages
Old 08-20-2015, 01:17 AM

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

awesome truck. Those wheels are definitely my favorite
Old 08-20-2015, 02:23 AM

Received 125 Likes on 69 Posts

Originally Posted by Coondogger
It's actually the xlt with both the fx4 and xtr packages
ah. never seen one with the xtr stickers. the ones ive seen have the fx4 stickers.
Old 08-20-2015, 11:36 AM

Originally Posted by Jkpullin
awesome truck. Those wheels are definitely my favorite
Thanks,
Ya I'm really glad I went with those wheels.
Old 08-20-2015, 11:42 AM

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

what is the XTR option?
Old 08-20-2015, 11:50 AM

Originally Posted by Jarhead6483
what is the XTR option?
Basically from what I understand it is just the Canadian version of the chrome package and comes with the xtr decal
Old 08-20-2015, 11:55 AM

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Ahh... Understood. I was looking at the build and price and it wasn't showing up. LOL I didn't even think of it only being in Canada.

Anyways, beautiful truck. Glad you were able to get it and that the dealership was willing to work with you on it.
Old 08-20-2015, 05:46 PM
Ford Customer Service

Received 805 Likes on 518 Posts

Originally Posted by Coondogger
So I picked up my new truck last Friday.
Xlt screw
4x4
Fx4
20" wheels

I ordered the truck on Friday March 13 my sales guy told me 6-8 weeks...man was I excited.
About 6 weeks later some personal troubles hit and knowing it was too late to cancel the order I decided to play it out till the truck came in and go from there.
Week 7. Sales guy calls and says the truck arrived, I told him some of what was going on and explained that I didn't think I would be able to take the truck. His response was "you still want the truck?" I said "ya but there is no possible way I can take it right now" he says "no problem, I can hang onto it for now until you get stuff figured out and if you aren't able to take it just let me know and I will have no problem getting rid of it in a day or two"
To make a long story short, things have come together for me and I was able to pick the truck up on Friday. I have to say I am very pleased with my experience and especially with how the dealer treated me, they were under no obligation to me and never even asked for a deposit, man it felt good driving the new truck off the lot and I am loving every minute i spend in it.

Sorry about the pic quality, planning on getting some good ones after she's all shined up....
Congratulations, Coondogger!

She sure is a good-looking truck. Take a few minutes to register and check out some helpful information and advice on this terrific owner resource: http://owner.ford.com/

By the way, let me know if you ever have any questions or concerns with your new rig; I'm just a PM away.

Chad

Quick Reply: The long wait is finally over....well worth it