Topic Sponsor
2015 - 2020 Ford F150 General discussion on the 13th generation Ford F150 truck.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Level Kits Brands and Material thoughts

Search this Thread

Old 08-21-2015, 09:57 AM

Received 368 Likes on 283 Posts
Default Level Kits Brands and Material thoughts

Alot of discussion on here on level kits and they all look great.

I am looking at getting one put on but still trying to figure out to go with ReadyLift, Auto Spring, etc etc.

I am sure they are all great companies.

My question is some are made of aluminium and some steel. My thinking is that if you are going to mount this puck over the coilover which is all steel would you not want a steel spacer/puck in there? I guess readylift makes them in billet Aluminium and everybody else are steel. Also the readylift is the most expensive???

Seems like autospring the most popular on here and most likely what I will go with.

http://autospringcorp.com/index.php?...products_id=86

This kit is manufactured in America by Auto Spring Kits.. Manufactured from heavy duty steel not plastic or aluminum that can break down or corrode!!!We have been manufacturing and installing these kits for over 10 years and have sold over 40,000 kits to Ford dealers,service shops,and happy Ford owners throughout the World. See what F-150 owners are saying about our kit in our E-BAY FEEDBACK. 100% and at the Ford owners forum F-150online.com
Old 08-21-2015, 10:23 AM

Received 583 Likes on 444 Posts

Default Same thoughts

I was wondering the same thing. I have noticed that most here are going with Autospring for the leveling kits. I have done some looking around and there are others which are made of steel, made in USA, etc but are a fraction of the price of Autospring. For example on Amazon and Ebay there is a brand called Motofab which ranges in price $49 to $70, where the Autospring is $120. They seem to be a simple product, a spacer block with 3 holes and 3 studs, made of steel. I don't think I would use the aluminum or plastic brands, but should all of the steel brands be comparable? There are other steel brands other than the Motofab mentioned above also which are significantly less in price than the Autospring. I am a newbie when it comes to this, so I am hoping for some feedback from some of the experienced people here. Any thoughts on using the less expensive steel brands?
Old 08-21-2015, 11:23 AM

I am going with steel (Auto Spring) for sure. Don't know if I would trust a no name ebay lift kit though.
Old 08-21-2015, 11:26 AM

Received 89 Likes on 68 Posts

Goofy description on their site. What, steel can't corrode? Since when?
Old 08-21-2015, 11:33 AM
Mark

Received 2,416 Likes on 2,117 Posts

I think what they are getting at is they are powder coated to resist corrosion.
Old 08-21-2015, 11:50 AM

Received 37 Likes on 23 Posts

Just had a Autospring 2.5" installed by my dealer. Spacers looked to be made of quality. Would definitely recommend.
Old 08-21-2015, 04:18 PM

Originally Posted by Jizzz
Just had a Autospring 2.5" installed by my dealer. Spacers looked to be made of quality. Would definitely recommend.
Great. Good to know.

I just don't think Aluminum would be a good choice for something that holds the weight of the front end of the truck on top the coilovers.

Then there is the dissimilar metal issue also. The steel frame and still coilover sandwiched together with an aluminum puck.

Maybe just my OCD but I would not do it.
Old 08-21-2015, 04:41 PM

Received 254 Likes on 106 Posts

Originally Posted by carrierj
I was wondering the same thing. I have noticed that most here are going with Autospring for the leveling kits. I have done some looking around and there are others which are made of steel, made in USA, etc but are a fraction of the price of Autospring. For example on Amazon and Ebay there is a brand called Motofab which ranges in price $49 to $70, where the Autospring is $120. They seem to be a simple product, a spacer block with 3 holes and 3 studs, made of steel. I don't think I would use the aluminum or plastic brands, but should all of the steel brands be comparable? There are other steel brands other than the Motofab mentioned above also which are significantly less in price than the Autospring. I am a newbie when it comes to this, so I am hoping for some feedback from some of the experienced people here. Any thoughts on using the less expensive steel brands?
I would shy away from the AutoSpring knock off brands. There are many grades of steel. More than likely the knock off companies are using a lower grade of steel & probably having it made in China or Singapore.
Old 08-21-2015, 04:53 PM

2.5" Autospring

spacer bolted onto strut assembly

Last edited by Jizzz; 08-21-2015 at 05:05 PM.
Old 08-21-2015, 04:55 PM

Originally Posted by Jizzz
1.5" Autospring

spacer bolted onto strut assembly

Quick Reply: Level Kits Brands and Material thoughts