Topic Sponsor
2015 - 2020 Ford F150 General discussion on the 13th generation Ford F150 truck.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Lack of inventory... current frame for customer ordered car?

Search this Thread

Old 03-24-2015, 09:58 PM

Received 7 Likes on 4 Posts
Default Lack of inventory... current frame for customer ordered car?

Central Florida has VERY few Platinum or King Ranch's with 3.5EB and 4x2.

In fact only 4 KRs in the Extended Inventory search and 14 Platinums.

To find a vehicle with colors (not black) and options (no moonroof) close to what I want, it narrows it down to 1 KR and 1 Platinum in Extended Inventory for Central Florida.

I've been watching inventory for the past month and I haven't see any new units in the pipeline.

I'm thinking I may just have to custom order.

Does anyone know how much of a backlog there is currently in production, or what have dealers been saying for delivery time-frames for those that have custom ordered over the past couple of weeks?

Thanks,

K
Old 03-24-2015, 10:11 PM

Received 16 Likes on 13 Posts

8-12 weeks, but it seems like the guys with current orders are more towards the 8 week end.
Old 03-24-2015, 10:30 PM

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

My dealer told me 6 to 10 weeks. I expected the worst and lucky enough, it was delivered in 6 weeks (6 VERY long weeks btw!!) I got it just over a week ago and its equiped with almost all the options (Lariat 502A++) which made me believe that it was going to take longer. It also depends alot on your location. I'm in eastern Canada. It's nice to be able to choose what you want but waiting for it is a different story. Also, if you have a trade-in, they need to reevaluate it before delivery which can change your original deal. Also you get to choose between the rebates/rates at the time of your order vs the offers available at delivery; Which ever one is the best of course. Sometimes Ford offer discounts, that are not advertised, on special orders. I got an extra 1000$ off just because of that. Good luck!
Old 03-24-2015, 10:33 PM

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

I just ordered from Bozard Ford in St Augustine, looks like its right under 6 weeks. 3/16 was the date I called them and gave them my $500 deposit over the phone, the verification and signatures were done through email. It'll be 41 days from deposit to delivery if Ford keeps this schedule.

Last edited by stangboy555; 03-24-2015 at 10:36 PM.
Old 03-24-2015, 10:51 PM

Received 333 Likes on 214 Posts

I've been custom ordering vehicles for several decades, including two F150s when both the KC and MI assembly plants were cranking them out. In every case, the ETA and actual delivery dates were ~ six weeks but never were the actual delivery dates in excess of 8 weeks. IMO, you can consider 6-8 weeks the norm in any circumstance. As an aside, it appears that the Texas dealers are receiving more vehicles than they have customers, thus the huge (with caveats/conditions) inventories & discounts.
Old 03-24-2015, 11:30 PM
2015 S/C 4x4 K/R Owner

Received 24 Likes on 15 Posts

Originally Posted by qarl
Central Florida has VERY few Platinum or King Ranch's with 3.5EB and 4x2.

In fact only 4 KRs in the Extended Inventory search and 14 Platinums.

To find a vehicle with colors (not black) and options (no moonroof) close to what I want, it narrows it down to 1 KR and 1 Platinum in Extended Inventory for Central Florida.

I've been watching inventory for the past month and I haven't see any new units in the pipeline.

I'm thinking I may just have to custom order.

Does anyone know how much of a backlog there is currently in production, or what have dealers been saying for delivery time-frames for those that have custom ordered over the past couple of weeks?

Thanks,

K
Earlier in yr was 2-3 months. Now with kc plant also open 45-60 days looks like the new norm.
Old 03-24-2015, 11:42 PM

Received 7 Likes on 4 Posts

Thanks everyone

Trending Topics

Old 03-25-2015, 09:10 AM

Received 33 Likes on 25 Posts

My dealer is in Clearwater, Fla., near Tampa, and it took 17 days to ship my custom ordered Platinum from the Dearborn factory to the local CSX Yeoman railyard. Add another few days for truck transport to the dealer and the PDI.
Old 03-25-2015, 09:15 AM

Received 34 Likes on 19 Posts

Originally Posted by Curmudgeon
I've been custom ordering vehicles for several decades, including two F150s when both the KC and MI assembly plants were cranking them out. In every case, the ETA and actual delivery dates were ~ six weeks but never were the actual delivery dates in excess of 8 weeks. IMO, you can consider 6-8 weeks the norm in any circumstance. As an aside, it appears that the Texas dealers are receiving more vehicles than they have customers, thus the huge (with caveats/conditions) inventories & discounts.
Man that's good to know. I've been waiting 4 months.
Old 03-25-2015, 05:33 PM
Thread killer

Received 7 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by stangboy555
I just ordered from Bozard Ford in St Augustine, looks like its right under 6 weeks. 3/16 was the date I called them and gave them my $500 deposit over the phone, the verification and signatures were done through email. It'll be 41 days from deposit to delivery if Ford keeps this schedule.

That is the same delivery date i have in the twin cities, Mn. My truck was ordered about 2 weeks earlier on 3/4. Also my VIN is B13xxx. Is the B for which assembly plant is is being assembled at or just part of the sequence number?? At any rate...I am still in order processing as well. I have been trying not to check on it every day.....Not working so well I guess deep down I figure it won't be here by then...I'm hoping it is, but won't hold my breath.

Mine is a 502a Lariat SCrew 4x4.

In and For Christ,
Glen

Last edited by passthrough; 03-25-2015 at 05:36 PM.

Quick Reply: Lack of inventory... current frame for customer ordered car?