Topic Sponsor
2015 - 2020 Ford F150 General discussion on the 13th generation Ford F150 truck.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Keyless Doors Unlock without Remote??

Old 09-20-2015, 08:27 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Default Keyless Doors Unlock without Remote??

So twice already I came to my 2015 F150 Platinum and touched the keyless door handle to unlock the doors and it opened. The screen in front of the steering wheel said start vehicle to disable alarm that's when I realized I didn't have the key fob with me. So I ran to get it before the alarm goes off.

I thought that I must have forgotten to lock the doors. Today I tested it by locking the doors with the key fob and leaving it like 100ft away (it only works to 2-4ft). I then go to open the door by touching the inside of the handle and the door unlocks. (This means that anyone can get in even without the key fob, but the alarm will go off if it's not started in like 10-15 seconds!!!)

Does anyone else have this problem or can anyone else try and see if their truck does this??
Old 09-20-2015, 08:50 PM

Received 367 Likes on 283 Posts

Almost sounds like you have an extra remote hidden in the truck or leaving an extra remote in that programming spot.

I would never leave an extra remote in the truck. That's me. I know others here will fight with me on that but whatever not me. You can do what you want it's your money and your truck.

See this thread: https://www.f150forum.com/f118/keyle...esting-312539/

Last edited by kendive; 09-20-2015 at 08:52 PM.
The following users liked this post:
Supercrewbear (09-20-2015)
Old 09-20-2015, 10:04 PM

I do not have an extra key fob in the truck. I do not know why anyone would.
Old 09-20-2015, 10:10 PM

Originally Posted by meehow09
I do not have an extra key fob in the truck. I do not know why anyone would.
Not sure what it could be then. If you know all your keyfobs are well away from the truck you should not be able to open the doors or tailgate.

Might need to see the dealer and let them look at it.
Old 09-20-2015, 10:15 PM

Kendive, I just saw that other post you suggested. Where exactly is the "hidden" spot for the key fob?

I have the other fob in my house and not in the truck. I thought maybe I should go to the dealer to report the problem.
Old 09-20-2015, 10:22 PM

Kendive, I just saw that other post you suggested. Where exactly is the "hidden" spot for the key fob?

I have the other fob in my house and not in the truck. I thought maybe I should go to the dealer to report the problem.
In front of your shifter the area where your USB Ports are and when you put the SD Card for Nav in you have it. Lift that mat up and it's under there.

You have to have the keyring off the remote and place it in there with the buttons up. You can start the truck with the keyfob even if there are no batteries in it. I have tried all this already it works.

Last edited by kendive; 09-20-2015 at 10:37 PM.
Old 09-20-2015, 10:34 PM

Ok thanks. I checked that spot any everywhere else and no other key fob is there.
kendive (09-20-2015)
Old 09-20-2015, 10:40 PM

Received 1,266 Likes on 843 Posts

Originally Posted by kendive
Almost sounds like you have an extra remote hidden in the truck or leaving an extra remote in that programming spot.

I would never leave an extra remote in the truck. That's me. I know others here will fight with me on that but whatever not me. You can do what you want it's your money and your truck.

See this thread: https://www.f150forum.com/f118/keyle...esting-312539/
Leaving a remote inside the truck and locking it with 7/8-9/0 does NOT let you open the doors without using the keypad or another fob. But does allow you if you opened the doors this way to start and drive.
kendive (09-20-2015)
Old 07-22-2017, 01:40 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default So what was the outcome?

So what was the outcome?
I am having the same issue?
So twice already I came to my 2015 F150 Platinum and touched the keyless door handle to unlock the doors and it opened. The screen in front of the steering wheel said start vehicle to disable alarm that's when I realized I didn't have the key fob with me. So I ran to get it before the alarm goes off.

I thought that I must have forgotten to lock the doors. Today I tested it by locking the doors with the key fob and leaving it like 100ft away (it only works to 2-4ft). I then go to open the door by touching the inside of the handle and the door unlocks. (This means that anyone can get in even without the key fob, but the alarm will go off if it's not started in like 10-15 seconds!!!)

Does anyone else have this problem or can anyone else try and see if their truck does this??
Old 07-22-2017, 02:30 PM

Received 1,266 Likes on 843 Posts

Originally Posted by chris davenport
So what was the outcome?
I am having the same issue?
Will darn,,, just for fun I went out and checked mine,,, and the doors unlocked... Came in to answer this thinking that the alarm would go off but nothing yet.. but didn't get in the truck or actually open the door..

Now my spare fob is in the truck in its metal box, and I normally can't start the truck with it stored where I keep it and my spare keys are hanging on the hook inside the house maybe 15 feet away so this might be why....

But all this time I have been thinking my truck was locked up safe and sound as I always lock it using the keypad.. I did try the tailgate first and it wouldn't unlock.. This might explain why the truck keeps locking and unlocking when I wash it with the hose?

Noticed that truck relocks it's self after 45 seconds just like it would do if I accidentally pushed the unlock button on the FOB.

Last edited by Livoniabob; 07-22-2017 at 03:14 PM.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Keyless Doors Unlock without Remote??