Topic Sponsor
2015 - 2020 Ford F150 General discussion on the 13th generation Ford F150 truck.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Insurance Help? - Lifted Tuscany

Search this Thread

Old 08-17-2015, 12:04 AM

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
Default Insurance Help? - Lifted Tuscany

Need to know who I should or can insure my new Tuscany F-150 with 6" lift. Progressive told me they will not insure anything over a 4" lift. WTH!

Any advice is appreciated and just a warning to anyone that is running a 6" or higher lift and using Progressive, they said they will not cover your truck
Old 08-17-2015, 12:08 AM

Received 394 Likes on 361 Posts

Check with USAA if you're a veteran/family member of veteran. Be prepared to have them validate service.
Old 08-17-2015, 07:45 AM

Received 368 Likes on 283 Posts

Originally Posted by rwgolson
Need to know who I should or can insure my new Tuscany F-150 with 6" lift. Progressive told me they will not insure anything over a 4" lift. WTH!

Any advice is appreciated and just a warning to anyone that is running a 6" or higher lift and using Progressive, they said they will not cover your truck
Wow If it's the Tuscany you know that most likely came from the dealer like that and all warrantied and they won't insure it.

I would stay away from Progressive anyway... I use Geico but had the camper under Progressive and we never claimed anything and after a year they jacked our rate up just because they hit our credit and I leave all three credit bureaus froze and locked for both the wife and I. I don't like getting loans so just leave it locked. Our beacons are both above 800. I called progressive and they could not tell me why they do this. So I left them.

There is alot of insurance companies out there just shop around.

Clark Howard is awesome.... I met him when I lived in Atlanta. I think he was a self made millionaire at age 30 something.

Check on this site for good info:

http://www.clarkhoward.com/

How to freeze your credit:

http://www.clarkhoward.com/credit-freeze-and-thaw-guide
Old 08-17-2015, 09:20 AM

Received 42 Likes on 26 Posts

I have Farmers. $66/mo for my 2015 Lariat.
Old 08-17-2015, 09:33 AM

Received 116 Likes on 87 Posts

Most insurance companies will not insure a vehicle where the suspension has been altered. State Farm for example even states it in the fine print.
Old 08-17-2015, 09:46 AM

Received 16 Likes on 15 Posts

Originally Posted by Gadgitz
Most insurance companies will not insure a vehicle where the suspension has been altered. State Farm for example even states it in the fine print.
Even a leveling kit? I dont think I would like to find out after the fact of installing one that they wouldnt cover something, but what could you do, call them and ask if your covered? Almost tipping them off you have done something that will disqualify a claim?

Marty
Old 08-17-2015, 10:11 AM

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Marty300
Even a leveling kit? I dont think I would like to find out after the fact of installing one that they wouldnt cover something, but what could you do, call them and ask if your covered? Almost tipping them off you have done something that will disqualify a claim?

Marty

Yes, because if you don't let them know, and you get into an accident they can deny your claim when they send their adjuster out and the truck is modified.

If you don't let them know, you are setting yourself up for a denied claim if something happens!
The following 2 users liked this post by Bake82:
Gadgitz (08-18-2015), Ricktwuhk (08-17-2015)
Old 08-17-2015, 10:42 AM

Received 46 Likes on 42 Posts

Check with Chubb.
Old 08-17-2015, 11:59 AM

Received 5,989 Likes on 3,553 Posts

Right on re: revealing things up front to your insurance company - whether car, auto, or liability. Play games with them and you'll find that during a claim if they catch on they can deny your claim.

I had a neighbor in the insurance business that did NOT tell his insurance company that his daughter was driving. He knew his rates would go up, and said he read all the language in the policy and that he was under no obligation to tell them, AND that she was covered like anyone else he let use his vehicles. I told him he was dead wrong, that she wasn't an occasional user, and that he was tremendously at risk. He wouldn't listen. Oh, and his daughter was 100% "Daddy, do this for me or that for me", so I suspect she also eventually piled on the fender benders. He used to call her every morning during the week when she was at college so she'd get out of bed, otherwise she'd miss class.
Old 08-17-2015, 06:27 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I also recommend USAA if you're able to get it. In their standard insurance they cover up to 5K in aftermarket. They do not care if you're lifted either.

Quick Reply: Insurance Help? - Lifted Tuscany