Topic Sponsor
2015 - 2020 Ford F150 General discussion on the 13th generation Ford F150 truck.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

I need to stay off this forum!

Search this Thread

Old 09-18-2015, 10:58 AM

Received 72 Likes on 30 Posts

Default I need to stay off this forum!

Kidding but not kidding.

I keep reading about issues with the 2015 and I feel like I'm just looking to find my truck has the same problem. Vibrations/rattling/etc, I think i make it up in my head when in reality it's normal and not an issue!

I do have a dash rattle from the left HVAC vent when the truck is at a certain temp that is annoying. but I think im just gonna put a piece of rubber band or something in the gap to cushion it. out of side out of mind.

i do have the metallic sound on start up. but I believe it's normal from researching.

i feel like i do feel some subtle vibration/purring around 50mph but I think its just the sound of the engine when on the throttle. but my mind says "OMG SOME GUY ON THE FORUM SAID ITS A BAD TRANSFER CASE OH NOOOOOO" If i never read a thread on that, i would have never noticed, that's how insignificant it feels.

my steering wheel is not centered, which bugs me and wasn't like that when I test drove it. but I'll just wait until I do the level and get an alignment to see if I can correct that.

if i never read any of these threads i would have never thought anything of any of these problems most likely. I love the truck and I want to believe there is nothing wrong with it. And im going to keep telling myself that. i don't feel the need to keep running back to the dealership with my truck at this point. that would be more of an inconvenience than anything.

also seeing all the nice *** leveled trucks with nice shiny wheels is tempting my wallet. but all that will have to wait until my raise/tax return.
The following users liked this post:
COBRAJOE (09-19-2015)
Old 09-18-2015, 11:07 AM

Received 241 Likes on 172 Posts

Yep, better to go fishing!

Enjoy your new Ford truck, in the end, they still build the best trucks!
Old 09-18-2015, 11:24 AM

Received 50 Likes on 41 Posts

I was just thinking that this morning. I like coming here to see what others are doing but the negativity is tiring.

I absolutely love my truck.

I do understand how it feels to have problems with something new and I absolutely hate letting someone else put their paws on it to fix something.

I often wonder how many of the complaints are trolls or people spewing bad information.
Old 09-18-2015, 11:26 AM

Received 26 Likes on 15 Posts

I feel the same but would rather know of the issues and if there are potential issues than be in the dark. Plus I saved an extra $1000 with the code that I got from being told where to go/what to do on here. But have spent that in mod money already from seeing what people have done lol.
Old 09-18-2015, 11:31 AM

Received 368 Likes on 283 Posts

Originally Posted by AbitaPro
Yep, better to go fishing!

Enjoy your new Ford truck, in the end, they still build the best trucks!
That depends on who you talk to... I agree this site is addictive but also very informative. It's make us all more educated on our new trucks. We need the info to tell the dealers that don't have a clue about the product they sell.

Yes I agree that Ford is the best truck out there well used to be not to sure on the new ones just yet. My old 05 5.4 was like a tank.... But the new Eco's tow like a tank.

Sometimes this site reminds me of a Silencer site I use to get on alot. I have alot of Gemtech and YHM suppressors and if I were talk about them they all got mad and bashed you for not praising the AAC brand (Advanced Armament Corp) I soon found out the forum was owned by AAC and then it all made sense.

There are going to be problems and we are going to vent and this site has alot of great info on our trucks. Carry On...
Old 09-18-2015, 11:32 AM

Received 79 Likes on 54 Posts

Me too. I use the site as I have with other car forums to do some DD. But I may never order a 2016 if I stick around here much longer.

Although it is fun to go to a dealer and school the salesman on his own product with knowledge that you obtain from sites like these.
Old 09-18-2015, 11:32 AM

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

I bought my CC 2WD F150 two weeks ago and have put a 1000 miles on it (time for oil change) and its been great! Drives nicely and its very quite, much quieter than my '11. I can really feel the improvement in power, truck does feel lighter, and there is a marked improvement with acceleration.
I have not towed with it yet but I think it will tow just fine. I installed the Hellwig rear bar last night which should also improve handling when towing.
Old 09-18-2015, 11:54 AM

Received 72 Likes on 30 Posts

Don't get me wrong there is priceless information on these forums, but a lot of people don't understand that a majority of people who buy these trucks are happy with them. the majority of people who come to a forum come because of an issue, not many people come to praise their truck.

I come to vehicle forums to see specs for mods (tires/leveling/etc) and to take advantage of vendor discounts, and to help out when people have problems. but then i get sucked into reading peoples issues and it's disheartening some times and i do feel for the people that just have **** luck with a brand new $50k truck

i know that's repeated ad nauseam on forums but it's the truth that some people still just don't get.
Old 09-18-2015, 12:51 PM

Received 26 Likes on 15 Posts

why the oil change after 1000 miles? Am I missing something? have seen something about a small O ring but...

Originally Posted by jdp530
I bought my CC 2WD F150 two weeks ago and have put a 1000 miles on it (time for oil change) and its been great! Drives nicely and its very quite, much quieter than my '11. I can really feel the improvement in power, truck does feel lighter, and there is a marked improvement with acceleration.
I have not towed with it yet but I think it will tow just fine. I installed the Hellwig rear bar last night which should also improve handling when towing.
The following users liked this post:
Ricktwuhk (09-18-2015)
Old 09-18-2015, 06:59 PM

Received 14 Likes on 12 Posts

If it makes you feel better, I was going to buy a 2016 Diesel Canyon and have been on those forums for a year and a half. 2015 was the intro model year for that truck. The number of issues littering that 2015 (as noted in the forums) not only far exceed this 2015 F150, but are considerably more serious.

Folks are complaining about leaks in the Ford. You should see the leaks on the twins, and GM still wont acknowledge the problem exists, even in the face of insurmountable evidence. Until a child actually get hurts (or even potentially hurt) by this somehow and it makes its way to YouTube or Facebook, GM won't do anything.

Quick Reply: I need to stay off this forum!